About a week before being set apart Sadie finally got suspicious with all the visits from Bishop and the phone calls and she asked "How come the Bishop keeps coming to our house so much?" I told her that that is what bishops do when a family has lost someone he comes and visits and checks on us (that was partly true, half the time he was coming to see how we were doing and the other half it was about the calling) Then a few days later all my counselors, advisers and secretary were called and were asked to get in touch with me. So that Sunday I received either 6 phone calls or visits all within 30 minute intervals. Again Sadie got suspicious. This time I told her that I was going to be getting a new calling, but no body is supposed to know and she would find out Sunday. She was okay with that and skipped off. A few minutes later here come Calli. Sadie had gone up to Calli and said "Mom's not going to be your beehive teacher anymore" (Calli comes to YW in November) and Calli came to inquire about her new found news. I told her that I was getting a new calling and that she would find out what it was on Sunday, but told her she'd still be excited. She then said "Well, Sadie already knows what your new calling is" and said "Oh, she does, what did she say?" Then Calli said "Sadie thinks your going to be the new bishop." I laughed so hard, such a cutie.
What a trying and emotional time the last few weeks have been for us and our family, I don't know what I'd do with out the gospel and the knowledge that Families can be together Forever!
Coastal College Bedroom
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.