Monday, May 3, 2010

Ironman!

Ivins had such an amazing opportunity to help host the Ironman competition and in doing so turned it into a Fitness Festival for the entire town.  Several of the roads were closed down and the little town of Ivins was booming.  These athletes are amazing being able to do a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride and then 26.2 mile run.  I was definantly excited to go support and cheer on these insane and awesome athletes.
As part of the festival "Rocking Red Hawks" Red Mountains choir sang for part of the entertainment. So we headed down to unity park early to listen to Sadie. 
She did a great job. 
Afterwards, we spent a few hours roaming around, looking at all the booths, meeting "The Biggest Loser" celebrites, eating lunch and of course playing.
Calli trying out the Bungee Trampoline
Sadie being brave and riding the mechanical bull
And Gentry enjoying the inflatable slide.

After which we sat and watched the bikers go by for about 2 hours. (who would have thought it could be so entertaining, but it was mesmerizing, I could have watched all day) The bikers did a loop and passed by the park twice. It was amazing to watch their will and determination and to see all the support and volunteers.
After the park we decided to go to the finish line and watch some of them run in. I wasn't prepared for the emotion I would feel.  It was so inspiring watching these athletes finish and run across the line.  The emotions ran deep as the crowd would get on their feet and cheer for the runners as they came in exhaused and on top of the world.  I was in awe! I am so glad my girls got to experience this and can't wait for the Ironman to come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.