Sadie had her last Choir Performance.
For their last big bang they had a patriotic concert and sang lots of patriotic songs.
Sadie telling us what she likes about America. They each wrote their own parts, Sadie said, "I love my countries flag because it makes me happy and reminds me of freedom and happiness."
Then as the choir sang the military medley they had a slide show of relatives that had served our country. I turned in a couple pictures of my dad who fought in the Vietnam War.
As they veterans saw their pictures they were to stand. As my dad's picture came and he stood everyone clapped and cheered, it was quite emotional. Sadie was so proud to have her Grandpa there and standing as a war Veteran. I am so proud of my dad and the courage he had to fight in this horrific event where he fought on the front lines and received a purple heart of honor. I'm proud that he was then able to come home, put it behind him (as much as one can) and to get married and have a family. I am so proud to say that my dad is a war veteren and that we fought to preserve the freedom that I enjoy today.
Way to Go Grandpa and Sadie!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.