Friday, May 14, 2010

Piano Recitals

                Calli and Sadie had their first Piano Recital together. 
This is Calli's 4th year and Sadie's 1st year.


I was surprised to see Sadie so calm. She was way more excited than she was nervous.  She loved it. She had her piece "Firefly's" completely memorized. She walked up said her name,  played through her piece beautifully, stood up took bow and sat back down like it was nothing. After she sat down she said "That was so much fun"

Calli on the other hand, does not like piano recitals and gets very worked up over them.  Just a few minutes before we were to leave to the recital she came to my room and told me she did not want to do it. I told her she really should because her teacher and Sadie was counting on her and that she was already on the program.  She still did not want to go. I said a silent prayer for the right words to say to her.  I pulled out a picture of grandma and we quietly talked about grandma for a minute. We talked about what a beautiful piano player she was, and how she played the organ in church for years but how nervous she would get. We talked about how much grandma loved coming to her past recitals and how much she loved listening to Calli play.  We talked about how when Calli had a question about a note, she would go ask grandma for help. And we talked about how close she was to her grandma and what a special bond the two of then had. I told her that grandma would be so proud of her and would want to hear her play and then I told her with tears in both of our eyes that I knew grandma would be there listening to her play again.  We both sat there for a long time and cried.  She wiped the tears and decided that she could do it for grandma. She ran down stairs and put on the dolphin necklace that was grandma's before she passed and said she was ready.


She was still pretty nervous and rubbed her neckalce as she waited for her turn.
 

 She did a great job, I couldn't have been more proud and I know grandma was too.



Calli and Sadie after the recital with their cousins Jadyn, Jorrin and Jaicelyn that also performed and their teacher and my 1st cousin Sherry Condie.
After the recital we had to go celebrate so we went to our new favorite place "Kraves."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.