Thursday, September 30, 2010

Peterson's Zoo!

 Some day's I feel like I live in a Zoo.  My girls are "Animal Lovers" and it shows by the array of pets we have. Some I adore and some I could do without.  Take our fish tank for example...I love the fish tank, in fact we just upgraded to a bigger and better one, because we love it so much.

We find ourselves sitting and staring at our fish tank like we're watching TV. It is so calm and relaxing.

Then there's "Mighty" Calli's Iguana that she keeps in a cage in her room.  He's okay as long as he stays in his cage. Calli loves to put him on her shirt and walk around.  Last week Mighty got out of his cage and went missing for 6 days. I just knew he was going to end up in my bed.  Needless to say I did not like him while he was missing and we tore the house apart looking for him, but no luck.  He must have finally got hungry cause he came out of hiding. Luckily it was when Adam was home to grab him.

Also in Calli's room are her hermit crabs (easiest pets in the world) She has 5 of them. They are pretty cool.

And then I guess our fish tank wasn't enough for Calli she thought she needed her own. 
The good thing about these pets are none of them stink, Calli bought them all with her own money and is very responsible about taking care of them.  That's actually something I like about having pets is the responsibility it teaches my kids.

And then of course there's Troy. He is an outside dog and 100% the girls responsibility. He's a cutie, and such a great dog.  I love watching Calli teach him new tricks.  My favorite is watching the two of them play soccer together. 

This is the water Dragon that Sadie got for her birthday.  When Sadie first told me wanted to add to the list of pets we have by getting another lizard, I wasn't too anxious, but I have to say he is the cutest little thing ever. 

Sadie also has a hermit crab of her own.

And Gentry has one as well.
I think we are defiantly done with getting more pets...for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.