Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Reunion & Lehman Caves

Our annual traditional Delta Reunion. It's so funny, anytime anyone hears that we are going to Delta they wonder why? What's in delta? But I have to say, I love Delta. I have nothing but good memories of Delta and love the traditions we do each reunion.
The tractor parade we see each year on the way to Delta.
Talent show and activities. This year they did "minute to win it games"
Calli being wrapped in toilet paper.
Sadie moving bags from the ground to the table with her mouth.
Swimming at the Hotel.
The Hard Pan: sloppy joes, hot dogs, homemade rootbeer, one big fire for the adults and several smaller fires that the kids build each year, visiting, lots of laughing, listening to the first BYU game of the season, and ...  

our huge, intense marshmallow fight.  This is the best tradition ever.  As we sit and eat our dinner everyone watches to see who's going to be the first to throw the marshmallow and who's going to be the victim.  Within a few minutes marshmallows are flying everywhere. Adults, kids, boys, girls, everyone for themselves.  There's nothing more exhilarating as the sound a marshmallow makes when it hits someone square in the head and then the immediate responds of, "Hey" HAHA
Gentry ran around collecting marshmallows on the ground and then would bring them...good girl!
On Sunday we all went to church, where we got word that Adam's grandma was in the hospital with complications from a recent fall and needed surgery. Ben, Stacy, Adam and I took off after church and drove to Bountiful to see her for a couple hours and then drove back to Delta.  She was doing good.

The next morning  (Labor Day) we woke up and drove to Lehman Caves.  Adam and I both went when we were younger and have been wanting to take the girls, so this was a perfect opportunity.
Our family at the entrance to the cave.
The grandkids.


It was just as cool as I remember it. The kids loved it and we had a great time.
After shopping for souvenirs and before making the trek home we found a picnic area and ate lunch.
We all had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.