Calli had her first regular season home game on Tuesday, September 3, 2013 against Canyon view.
In each of the pre-season games she has started and has been a captain for the JV games and then plays in about 1/2 of the Varsity games. So when this game started and Calli was still on the bench I was thinking, "hmmm, I wonder what happened." A few minutes later I got a text from Calli that said "Kunde has officially moved me to Varsity." What? Holy cow! I was so excited for her. I asked her if she would still be playing in some of the JV games. She never texted back but within a few minutes she was standing on the sidelines ready to go in. She played about 30 minutes in the first half and then went to the locker room with the Varsity team during half time and then warmed up with Varsity.
Warming up.
At the start of each game the Varsity teams from each school take center field and the starters are announced. My jaw hit the floor when I heard "Sophmore, #20 Callister Peterson" I was so stunned I didn't even get to see her step out and wave. I think I was looking at Adam for his reaction. Calli started in her first Varsity game and played 90% of it. I thought that she might get so nervous that she'd hold back a little and not give it her all...boy was I wrong. SHE ROCKED IT!
She had an amazing game. Defiantly deserving of a starting spot on the Varsity Team. I was so mad that our video camera had ran out of battery and I didn't get any of it on film, especially this one play that got the crowd on their feet and cheering for her. The other team kicked the ball and Calli took off sprinting across the field getting to the ball just seconds before the opposing team and just as she kicked it she was taking out by one of their players. She rolled a few times and drew the foul. It was so cool. I was one proud mama. One thing I did learn though is that Varsity is WAY more intense than JV.
You can always tell if it's a good or intense game when Adam can't sit anymore! He such a proud papa too.
Way to Go Calli. Congrats on moving up to Varsity. We knew you could do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.