Friday, June 10, 2016

DISNEY CRUISE 2016 Part 1

The day we had been waiting for for more than a year FINALLY arrived...
OUR DISNEY CRUISE on the WONDER!!
I love planning our vacations almost as much as I love taking them. I love researching and finding out as much as I can before we go. I had so much fun researching for this one. By the time our countdown had gone from this

to this...I had done so much research I felt like I had already been on the cruise. I ate, slept and drank Disney Cruise everyday until we literally got on board. We had so much fun as a family getting ready together as well.  Random texts were sent to each other counting down the days!

We also made lots of fun stuff too...Just a few quick pictures of some of the fun things we did to get ready for the cruise.

 Made our Fish Extender pockets 

and fish extender gifts
I had these key chains made
 so cute!
Backpacks, land yards and water bottles, 
Luggage tags to match our backpacks and water bottles. 
 Pirate Party costumes
Disney inspired Flip Flops
As it got closer we enjoyed the frequent emails with important info and welcoming us aboard.
The day our final cruise documents came in the mail was surreal...it finally felt real and we were on our way!

Get ready for MAJOR picture overload...about 500 pictures were taken of this trip!!! I took pictures of every nook and cranny on the ship. Calli said I took so many pictures of the ship that we could build our own      3-D model. Haha! 

 SATURDAY, MAY 14, 2016
We woke up bright and early, picked up my mom and dad and hit the road by 5:00 am. 
 Mickey luggage ready to go.
 Our fearless leader and driver
Haha! This is why we drive early so the girls will sleep most of the way. 
First Stop, Old Town San Diego and the Mormon Battalion Museum. 
 I just loved it. All the little rooms were so cute. 
 Calli was volunteered to dress up like a solider.
Much to our surprise as we were watching the movie a familiar face appeared. My cousin Russ plays Brigham Young in the Joseph Smith and Emma Smith story but we didn't know he was Brother Brigham in this movie as well. It was a pleasant surprise. 
After the tour we researched family names of relatives who were with the battalion.
 Panning for gold


After the Battalion we walked around Old Town. We had never been before and really enjoyed it.  
 Afterwards we went to Panda for lunch, our fortunes were a pretty good omen.
We went and checked into our hotel and headed to the beach. 
 I'm not a big water lover but I do like the beach.  It was also an overcast, cool day so I was fine just hanging out in the sand. But the rest of the family are beach bums at heart. They love the water..cold or not!


 Adam taught the girls how to body surf. Calli tried it and when she came up out of the water she was covered in seaweed. We had a good laugh. 



 Exploring.
I guess they didn't get enough of the water cuz after the beach they wanted to go swimming at the hotel too. 
 While watching them swim I screen shot a picture of our countdown. Look what it landed on. What Luck! We went back to the room and ordered pizza determined to get a good nights sleep so we could stay up and party as much as possible once on the ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.