Monday, August 28, 2017

Baptisms, Baptisms, Baptisms

HELLO FRIENDS AND FAM BAM! 
Another great week of being a missionary and so many exciting things happening! 
Carlos is getting baptized this Saturday in the ocean! So exciting! And one of our resent converts Jose Angel is baptizing him! We also have Manuel Angel who has a date to be baptized for the 23rd and he is a miracle! Let me tell ya! And then uhh most exciting news.......WE ARE BAPTIZING A LITTLE BOY!!! His name is Alejandro and he is 9 years old, both of his parents were converts to the church and were baptized but have been inactive for 4 years! Until the Hermanas found them. We have been teaching them and getting his dad worthy and ready to be able to baptize his son Alejandro so he will be baptized on the 30th of September! I'm so excited and so happy! So many miracles this week!  Spanish is hard as always but getting better and I feel like I have become really good friends with more investigators, some of the ways I have contacted with them though is because of the movie "Rings" and Eminem so don't know how good of a missionary that makes me but it worked! Haha missionary life is so amazing and so fun!  Carlos was having a harder time getting ready for his baptism he was scared of sacrificing things and the commitment he will be making and is scared he will go inactive but that really shows that this means a lot to him. I was able to share with him how I had to sacrifice things for a mission like giving up the opportunity to play for a college soccer team to serve a mission and how even when I got on my mission it was not easy and how my mission has been hard and he knows Spanish has been hard for me haha but how serving a mission and being a disciple of Jesus Christ even though it's so hard is so worth it and so much better! That by being a disciple of Christ I am beyond happy, I see blessings on blessings and I have seen the Lord help me every single day and compared it to his baptism and how on Saturday he will be a disciple of Jesus Christ and bore my testimony to him. I feel like the lessons are more for me than the investigator haha.  Something I have really learned this week is something my dad always told me "life is too short to be anything but happy" and how much of a difference having a positive attitude and just trying makes. Mission life is amazing and so crazy as of right now I'm just kind of rolling with it and letting God do his thing. I have seen so many miracles. This gospel is so true and blesses life's in ways I can't even explain! Especially the Book of Mormon I don't know how it does it but the Book of Mormon converts people like nothing else! I love that book!  My favorite scripture this week was 1 cor 13:1-2
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing
Love you all have a good week! 
Love, Hermana Peterson 

She had labeled the following pictures as "Some Castle" I then get to do lot's of research to find out more about "the castle" I'm learning lots along the way.
Montjuic is a prominent hill overlooking the Barcelona harbor. For ages it played a strategic role in the defense of the city. 



Montjuic Castle built on Montjuic Hill was once a military fortress and dates back to 1640. It is currently a military museum and is also the home to the Magic Fountains







On top of Montjuic Castle.
One of my favorite pics so far!!
Yes, these are real.

They are called Pigeon Racers. Their owners are Pigeon breeders that paint their birds and then send them into flight to impress the females. The bird to get the girl wins.
View of Barcelona from Montjuic.
The Olympic Park is also part of Montjiuc.  The olympics were held in Barcelona in 1992. 
Open Camp Sports Theme Park. 

This is the first sports theme park in Europe and is located in the Olympic Stadium of Barcelona.

 Barcelona Harbor
Gabriel, Alejandro'a little brother.  He got a hold of Calli's tablet. Alejandro will be baptized on September 30th.
More festival and parades.


 It is a very lively country
YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.