Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Gift of Tongues

HELLO MY FRIENDS!!!!
Wow miss you all so much! And mission life is amazing as usual!
It's been pretty crazy we are planning George's baptism for Saturday and he is so cute and so excited! George is from Ghana, we I taught him how to dab this week and he loves it! Haha 
He can't wait! His testimony is amazing and he wants to share the gospel with his family! 
Also Sarah (an investigator that is about 16 has a baptism date) but her dad isn't too thrilled about it but hopefully she will be able to be baptized next week! This week has been crazy! One of our new converts is a Chinese doctor and he was looking at my neck and tried to give me acupuncture so that was crazy! We've taught and taught and taught families and people, uh it's so amazing the Lord has blessed me so much, with the people here in Spain and I have made a lot of friends with the investigators, they are all doing well and we reached our goal, which was to get 8 news this week and we got 12!! So blessed! My Spanish is still not very good haha, but it's fun because I say a lot of things wrong and everyone just laughs, people are so nice to me here, because I don't speak very well! But I had my first intercombio this week which is where I go to a different area and serve with a sister training leader and one of them are with my companion. I was on a train alone for an hour which was weird. With the sister trainer leader we taught the cutest family! I loved them! Their daughter was raised by her grandmother for some reason in another country and just met and is living with her parents and her sister for the first time in her life (she's 14) so they really want to strengthen their family. We taught the Book of Mormon and I helped explain it. The mom was having a hard time excepting the Book of Mormon because she already had a Bible. I just started feeling the spirit super strongly and asked the sister training leader if I could bear my testimony. I then went on for about 20 minutes explaining the relationship the Book of Mormon has with the Bible and shared some scriptures with them. I then bore my testimony of how the Book of Mormon could bless their family. And said the prayer in Spanish and then the family asked if I would pray in english so they could here it. I was able to talk to the dad after and I have no idea where that came from, I barley even struggled bearing my testimony, when most the time I can barley get 3 words out. I asked the training leader if my Spanish made sense and she said " Hermana Peterson, your Spanish was just about perfect" when I got back to my area I struggled with Spanish as I had before but I know the gift of tongues is real and God did that, there is no way I did that on my own. This is his work and this is his gospel. The Book of Mormon is true and strengthens and blesses life's incredibly. I have met so many great people and seen so many miracles and made so many memories. I absolutely adore everything about Spain and have seen and tried some crazy things. I think I have become a little more patriotic about my beautiful country at home though! I also knocked my first building this week and had the first door slammed in my face woohoo I feel like a real missionary now! This week has been one big giant miracle, don't get my wrong, honestly it's so hard, and I have broken into tears a couple times but the people are amazing! My favorite thing I learned this week was "Wherefore,  my beloved  brethren, pray  unto the Father  with  all the energy heart,  that  ye  may be  filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon  all  who  are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that  ye may  become  the sons of God; (changed)  that  when he shall appear we shall  be like him,  for we shall see him  as he is; that we  may  have this hope;  that we  may  be purified even as he is pure. "I love and miss you all so much! Always praying for all of you, have a good week! 
Love, Hermana Peterson   

Random Pics from this week:
She has always loved sunsets. Spain sunsets are amazing
The Beach
 A few sights around Barcelona


Beach Houses
Everything is bigger in Spain


Train Station. 
The Barcelona mission is so large and there are not a lot of cars so they rely on public transportation. Buses, Trains and Metro's.  





Beautiful Sights around Barcelona
Baby pine cone
Snails
 Laundry Day




 More delicious Spain Food

Bug bites Galore

 Necklace that we wear every fast Sunday. Hermana Rockhill has one too.

 George carrying her bag


Dab, Dab, Dab
This is a "Castells" (Human Towers) Castells are a big tradition in Barcelona. There are different types depending on the amount of people on each floor. It is considered built when a young child climbs to the top and raises their hands.
They taught George how to dab
George introducing them to fufu!

Eating with George

Trainer/Leader that she rode the train for an hour alone to go do splits with.
 Beautiful Picture of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.