Monday, August 14, 2017

The Rest of Summer!

Where has summer gone? We've had a great time and done some fun things but it always surprises me how fast it flies!

 I finally got around to taking down all the Spanish Labels around the house...that is I think I did but I keep finding ones I forgot EVERYWHERE.
 Took Gentry in for a haircut. 


She didn't want too much taken off, but it sure looks and feels better. 
And of course a haircut wouldn't be complete without ice cream on a hot summer day. 
Sent these pics to Calli of us wearing our Spain necklaces. (We wear them every Sunday)
 And all of our bracelets we bought before she left. 
 And just an FYI picture that we still sit in the foyer. Haha!
We got surprise letters from Calli
a letter for each of us and
some Euro's
We went and saw Mamma Mia at Tuacahn.
 Another perk of working at Tuacahn is getting to go to the shows. We loved it. But I still think my favorite is Newsies.
 We went out to the Res. with the YW/YM. The scouts had built this boat out of cardboard and duck tape.  Sadie and Joely had fun taking it out for a test run. I had to try it out as well. 
Thought this picture was funny. Typical guy vs girls. While the YW leaders sat and visited in our chairs, the YM leaders were all lined up waiting for their turn to run into the reservoir and catch the football.




Never a dull moment with this girl around.
 


 We've had some gorgeous Summer, Desert Skies. 
Another trip to the temple for Adam and I. This might be a record...We've set a goal to go every month. So far so good. We always send a pic to Calli.
 
 Another "Friends" FHE...Anything to get them to stay home on Monday's.  We played a really fun game that was introduced to us at our last game night called Quiblash. 
50 days and counting!
 Took the Beehives and Deacons to play Laser Tag. That was a fun activity. 
 We reached another fast Sunday. 
 2 down 16 more to go 
Also, according to the App on my phone she has served 10% of her mission. Yay!
 Ended the summer doing my "Cheer Mom" duties....I signed up to take the cheerleaders breakfast for one of their early morning practices.

 She is loving it!

 We had a summer rainstorm that only lasted a few minutes but it came down hard. Love rainstorms in the desert. 

 Gentry had a end of summer party with about a dozen friends. 
We also had our annual Back-to-School Fashion Show
 Love that 80's Rocker Tee's are back in style. 


Goodbye Summer, Hello 2017-2018 School Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.