Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Goodbye Taragonna, Hello Sabadell - Week 35

Hi everyone! Well this has been the most exciting and joyful but also the most heart breaking part of my mission so far. I will start with the bad news, so transfers happened and I got the call that I would be leaving Beautiful Tarragona! I was so so sad about it! I think I have come to love Tarragona in one transfer more than I loved my other areas in 4. In Tarragona I found my second family. (Team BAZINGA) Edu who is the return missionary who has been helping us teach and baptized Mati, he is literally Ross from friends and I love him to pieces. Agostina who is one of the most amazing people I have ever met! She served a mission 4 years ago but 2 months in broke her foot badly and had to go home, now after 4 years she is going back on the mission in 3 weeks to serve in Madrid! She has been helping us a lot with the work getting ready for her mission! Such a big example to me! LeAndro who is Edu`s nephew who is living with him until the move to Madrid. He is 19 and not a member, we have been teaching him and he is the most believing 19 year old boy I've met he sincerely has a desire to know the truth. He has a note book to write down questions and everything! He has a date to be baptized on the 3rd of March, which is super special because that is about the same day his dad was baptized! And he is super excited about it and tells everyone about it! Ahhh he's so so good! So funny and has just become our little buddy lately! He passed his German test the other week so we bought him a cake! And he was so happy it was so cute!!! And then of course Mati who has honestly become probably one of the best friends I will ever have. I had the opportunity to teach him and help him to be baptized and he is absolutely AMAZING!!! He has already been helping us in citas daily! His testimony is crazy strong! And he just seems to get it! You can see that the gospel has changed his life! I love Mati, even if he is the reason I have gained weight. Every time we meet with him he brings us food, and I'm talking oreos and peanut butter and mate😂 about once everyday we get a call from Mati saying "girls are you at the church I have dinner" haha! I love him so much! He has helped me so much! It's so crazy in the mission how you grow this love for people! This small group of people have literally become my best friends we spent many many days with them teaching Mati and LeAndro, we are with them all the time and spent many preparation days with them! They are all from Argentina! And all speak English pretty well! Wow I just love them all so so much! Leaving Tarragona was so hard, it felt like I was starting my mission again and had to say goodbye to my family again. We had a mate morning and then Mati and Edu helped us with my suitcases to the train station. And I'm not a big crier but I'll be honest I did shed a few tears on the train. Holy! I just feel so so blessed to be able to be here in Spain doing the Lord's work meeting and loving all of these people! I love my Argentinean family💚Well I am now in my new area Sabadell and my companion is a native she is from ARGENTINA! But she does not know English at all only Spanish, and my Spanish still is not the best and so honestly I am completely terrified so send prayers. But honestly I know this is the Lord's work and everything will be ok and I am here for a reason! And I already know my Spanish will grow so so much! Obviously because I will be speaking Spanish 24-7 which is something I've never had....wow! I'm really excited and she's super cute, love her already! And this next month I will hit 9 months so so crazy!!!!! And can we just take one second to talk about my best friend in the whole wide world getting her mission call to Chile!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! My heart literally exploded! I'm so excited for you Hannah!!!! Literally it's the biggest support in the world to know that my friends are all over the world doing exactly what I'm doing and especially on the hard days that helps so much! So excited for you Han!💗💗💗 Well I love you all so much and feel your prayers! I love you fam!!!! I know this church is true and God truly does love every one of his children he knows us personally and our needs and feelings! He is a living Heavenly Father who is always blessing us!
 On their way to a family home evening Mati thought it would be funny to draw on her face. Everyone else joined in and this was the result.




Tag Pic


Mate Morning!
Agostina and Mati💕
Me and Mati
 Agostina
She got her finger stuck in a bottle at the restaurant Mati works and LeAndro and Mati had to help her get it out. 
 Food from Mati and Edu
Elder Leavitt was heading home, so they threw hiom a farewell party!

Decorating for the party

Goodbyes
 

 Mati and Edu being.... Mati and Edu
Agostina! Until we meet again Tarragona!
Facebook Post!
Goodbye Tarragona and Hermana HofStetter...

Hello Sabadell! On the train heading to meet her new companion.

At the Train Station meeting up with everyone!
Calli and Hermana Requena

They all went straight to Familia Sagrada. 

They love each other already!
 New area, new companion, new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.