WHAT A WEEK!!!!! MATI WAS BAPTIZED!!!! It was so so amazing! I have never had or met someone as prepared or ready as Mati! He has such a strong testimony of the gospel. The first lesson with the missionaries he said he didn't believe in God and was just there to learn English, but then he started talking to his friend Edu (that is a return missionary) and his grandma was super sick and he prayed and she got better, and he started believing and has completely changed. And for the first time in 12 years he was able to stop smoking. Everyone says they can see a huge difference in him. He is the absolute happiest man I know he really has become one of my very best friends I've ever had! His baptism was so special! We were so excited about his baptism. We woke up late and had to run to fill up the font and get ready at the church😂 a TON of people came, everyone just adores Mati! The talks were amazing and his best friend Edu baptized him! It was super special, one of the first times I got teary eyed during a baptism! And one of my very best friends from the MTC Hermana Curtis who taught Mati before I got there was able to come!! So special for both of us and we talked about how each of us got called there to do our small parts for Mati! Uh, just so so happy and proud of him! He is going to be a faithful member! He has already talked about one day being able to baptize his own kids! Uh, I love him so so much! And he was baptized on his birthday! (and the same day I opened my mission call) after that Mati, Edu and 2 of their friends took us and the elders out to lunch at this super super nice and amazing restaurant with unlimited ribs and then ice cream haha! The next day Mati received the Holy Ghost and the Priesthood by Edu, and already talks about preparing for a mission! I can't explain it, he is so amazing and such a good example to all of the young men who he is friends with that are crazy inactive, him and Edu both! Super super sad tho, this next month him and Edu will be moving to Madrid to work, but in a year they will be moving to Canada to work and then from there they are going to try to come to the states! Both of their English is so good!!! I pray so hard that they can, literally my best friends! Also the week before Mati was baptized Edu went to Germany and brought back his 20 year old nephew to live with him who is not a member he seems pretty interested... we have 3 weeks to baptism him! Uhh also a super weird funny moment that happened this week was, this man had lost his phone in the street and some man from the street brought it into the church to us, turns out the man who lost his phone was friends with a member and they came to get the phone from us. We asked if he wanted a tour of the church and he said yes, we gave him a tour and got talking to both of them and asked the man (Pedro) if he would like to take the lessons. He said yes! So we began to teach him about the Book of Mormon, it just so happened to be my turn to share about Joseph Smith and I was holding the picture of him in the Book of Mormon and was testifying to this man and he looked at the picture, then looked at me, then looked at the picture again....and said " You look like Joseph Smith!" He then went on looking me in the eyes in a lost trance and literally testifying to me that in another life I was the daughter of Joseph Smith, and that I was reincarnated and I will carry on his work, that I have a work to do! That I will re-translate the Book of Mormon and..... that I will be the next prophet........ his member friend was just shaking his head the whole time. It was literally taking everything inside of me not to break down laughing. This poor man probably thought I was just feeling the spirit super strong or something, I couldn't even look at him I was staring at my skirt, just trying to keep my self together I laughed a little but then started coughing to cover it up (it was a killer save)... but as soon as he told me I would be the next prophet, I LITERALLY BROKE DOWN LAUGHING, I WAS DYING!!! And I couldn't stop! I FELT SO BAD😂
I apologized like 12 times I felt so bad! He got super close to my face and was pointing to my eyes, my companion was dying to! Literally he was testifying to me for 10 MINUTES!!!!! Tears were coming out of my eyes I was trying to keep my self together so hard!!😂😂😂😂😂 It was so bad! Next time we will teach him the Plan of Salvation and that we don't believe in reincarnation, but we did give him a date to be baptized that he is preparing for. So good news fam, I'M THE NEXT PROPHET!😂😂😂 Ok I know you are bored to death by now but just wanted to share a big miracle that happened a couple hours ago, for preparation day Mati and Edu took us bowling with the elders in Barcelona. And we were on the metro and my companion looks down at her bag and it's open and our smart phone is missing! She tells us that it is missing as everyone gets out of the train. She points at this man she thought it was and MATI GOES SPRINTING AFTER THIS MAN AND STOPS HIM!!! And starts yelling at him and another man stopped to see what was happening and Mati had them check their pockets (reminder Mati is the same height has me, yelling at these two huge men) they said they didn't know what he was talking about at left. We were all freaking out and we knew that me and her would have to pay for it and Mati was super mad, moments later the two same men came back and had our phone. I think what had happened was they either chased down the man who had it or they had it the whole time and felt bad. I don't know what happened but either way we got it back and all stopped to say a prayer of gratitude! Such a miracle!!!! We then went bowling and we decided that we are all character from Friends and that was our names while bowing😂 it has been super crazy pouring rain this WEEK! Which I love💚 #tendermercyofthelord Well, seeing Mati get baptized this week was a big testimony builder for me that God lives and he loves everyone of his children and cares about their needs that anyone can change and that through God we can do impossible things. That people are put into our lives in the exact moment we need them. Some random lessons I have learned this week is: A lot of time our prayers are answered through other people, that some people don't need help but the need someone to ask if they need help. And that attitude is everything. I know that this church is the true church not the earth today, that God lives, that he truly loves us as a Father💙 Love you all so much have an amazing WEEK!
Love, Hermana Peterson
Cleaning the font after Mati's baptism
Peterson and Hofstetter
She loves the buildings and cobblestone streets...so cute!!
Tag Pic!
They use plants to teach about Faith.
Mati's Baptism day (with their faith plants)
5th Baptism
Hermana Peterson and Hermana Curtis back together again!
Cleaning the font after Mati's baptism
Baptism and Birthday Celebration!
Super nice restaurant after the baptism
All you eat ribs!
And Ice Cream
I don't know what's going on in this picture but I LOVE it!! Miss this girl!!
Edu and Mati hung out with Calli and her comp. while they emailed home on P-day! Just another day in paradise!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.