Thursday, March 15, 2018

Miracles, Holy Ghost descended like a Dove, Half-way There!

Wow just a warning this is going to be a good long email. I am honestly still in shock of what happened this week. Hermana Requena is absolutely amazing and we are working so hard! And really through that perfect obedience and of course the good ole' mercy of God we are seeing miracles..... And I mean MIRACLES!!!!!!!  We just seemed to find miracles after miracle, and it's always on the days that seem the hardest when everything fires and we just want to sit down and cry. This week we had a couple of those days when everything fired so we decided to do a little bit of service for women's day or something we gave flowers to some women in the ward and while doing this we found 5 people who had a ton of interest and we are going to meet with, one young girl was super super nice and told us of how her mom had died and she had been through some hard things in life and had been bullied a lot and the spirit was super, super strong in that contact as we told her that that is why we are here to share that families can be together forever! She was so sweet and so excited to meet with us. Right after that, we sat down on a park bench to pray, just to say thank you to Heavenly Father for putting her in our path and we could find that. Literally right after I opened my eyes and a dog came up right to my feet, I looked up the the owner was walking over. We talked about her cute dog and then we began to talk to her. Turns out she had just moved from Venezuela and things are really bad here that her and her family have only been here for a few months and are having a really hard time with it all. She then asked why we were here and what we do and we explained we then said a prayer with her and I prayed in broken Spanish. When the prayer was over she looked as us and began to cry and just grabbed me and hugged me and thanked us. We then had a extra flower and gave it to her. And she did not stop crying. We will be meeting with her this week. Then a day later another lesson fired and we had some extra time as we walked by a building a pigeon flew into a building and was really scared and struggling to get out we ran over and helped it out and then decided to knock the building there of course was a joke about "and the holy ghost descended as a dove" and that how the bird was the holy ghost leading us to the building. Haha Anyways the whole building was completely Muslims but one door. This door was completely broken it was not on the hinges and was just leaning up against the door frame, if you knocked on it to hard it would fall over. A young girl answered said we could come back tomorrow and picked up the door and set it back in the door frame.... ok.... well next day we went back and a older women answered she was the mom and at first didn't want anything until we explained why we were there and wanted to talk to her daughter she then told us that she really needed help from God, that she had been praying for the past few days for God to send her someone to "lift her up" she said she has made mistakes and feels horrible and no peace in her life and she needs God. We then testified to her and I told her how we have a loving heavenly father who loves us no matter what and provided a way through his son so we can press forward and don't have to live with these feelings of guilt. And she began to cry we prayed and she then as the other women just grabbed us and hugged us crying. Wow... It's really so amazing to me how God just knows. I testify that this is his work and he will always lead us to those people who need the gospel and this peace and joy in their lives and how he will give us the words. That we don't have to do this alone. Missionary or not. This is his Gospel and his work. There are people prepared and waiting we only have to be willing to follow those prompting of the holy ghost and open our mouths and we will have the words they need. We are not doing this alone. Like it says the the scriptures, "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." I have seen this first hand on my mission and know this is true. Also every week we go and do service at a old peoples home and help them. This week they had a man come and sing and had a dance. But because almost all of them can't dance they had all the people who could dance, dance for them... at the beginning I did not want to until the lady in charge said "it's not for you, do it for them." And dancing is a really big thing here is Spain very proper and sharp and people can dance here and so that is what everyone was doing. Like light dances and I was just up there dabbing and doing my American dad dances I learned from Sadie,๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ pero bueno, it was service. Also for preparation day today we went to Barcelona and met up with Hermenana Hofstetter, Mati, Edu and Agostina. And today was her last day and in a few hours she will be set apart as a missionary!!!!!! Ahhh it was so so happy I think I tackled Agostina!๐Ÿ˜‚ We rode bikes by the beach and my companion learned how to ride a bike today!!!!!! Wooohoooo!!!!! Then I said goodbye to Agostina and we went to eat... of course! Ahhh so so good to see them. It was so fun they are literally my best friends in the whole world! Then as we were leaving Mati said he had something for me and pulled out this GIANT BOX!!! And gave it to me and it was just completely full of candy from Argentina chocolate and peanut butter๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ He's great. He said that he needs to make sure I eat and I'm ok but since I'm somewhere else he gave me literally a box full of food. Madre mia. The mission is absolutely amazing and honestly there have been days that my heart is just completely full of joy like I have never felt I am so happy and so blessed to be here doing the Lord's work and serving him. Love you all so so much!!!! Have an amazing week. Also I'm half way done with my mission or something I don't know...... Con mucho amor, Hermana Peterson๐Ÿ’—

Tag Pics with beautiful Spain in the background!
Hermana's Requena and Peterson
Cooking dinner Sunday after church 
Fried Chicken
Monday: Preparation Day - Meeting up with Mati, Edu, Agostina and Hermana HofStetter
Bike Ride on the Beach
Good-bye Agostina, Good lucj on your mission!
Lunch with the Peeps!
Box of food from Mati!


Another great week in Spain, doing what she loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.