After Adam's mom passed, Adam inherited the much coveted "Ship Picture" It was painted by Aunt Connie (Mom's sister) and was one of mom's favorite things she had in her home. We were unsure as to where we wanted to hang it so I just hung it in our bedroom until we could decide. I quite liked it in our bedroom but Adam continued to want it downstairs as a focal point. One day he just mentioned putting it in the study and my mind starting racing. I got right to work planning and shopping without him knowing. He just assumed it would be months before we started on it. The weekend before his birthday I surprised him with everything we needed for the perfect room make-over.
The Picture which was our inspiration for the room.
Nautical themed shelves.
Telescope in the corner
Fish netting above window.
LOVE this quote
And a picture of Christ on the shore. We love how it turned out. In switching the decor in the study however, we now needed a place to move all our Disney Decor. We decided the downstairs family room would be perfect. (The Americana decor we just put away and I will use it to decorate for 4th of July)
My favorite Disney souvenir ever...my silhouettes of the girls.
Puzzle we just bought at Disneyland in February.
We worked on the rooms Friday Night and Saturday. It was such a fun weekend project to work on together and we are both so thrilled with how they turned out. He has his ship picture and I still have my Disney room. We make a pretty good team!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.