Wednesday, January 28, 2026

Eye Surgery


On Saturday, November 15th as the family was sitting around the table playing games, I got some floaties in my eye, thinking it was just my contacts, I took them out and went to bed. Over the next couple days, the floaties increased, I was having flashes of light in that eye and a white curtain covered my eye affecting my vision. I made an appointment to see my regular eye doctor on Wednesday. He sent me straight to a specialist. After three hours of being poked, prodded, eyes dilated and lights shined in my eyes I had emergency eye surgery scheduled for the next day due to three tears on my retinal. They are unknown what causes tears but know that nearsighted people are more apt and age and genetics play a roll as well. 
Lopsided eyes. The left eye was dilated. Adam said I looked like a cyclopes ax murderer. Haha!
At the specialist appointment they tried to inject dye into my blood via IV but after poking me 4 times, they could not get the dye in my veins. It was a miserable appointment.
The next day I had surgery at 1:00 pm after fasting and being in pre-op for an hour. The surgery took about 40 minutes. For the first 10 minutes they put me under anesthesia so they could put a block on my eye so it wouldn't move during the procedure. Then after I woke up they took me to the operating room for surgery which I was awake for. It hurt so bad and I jumped a couple of times. But it went well and Doctor Ken Lords said it was good that we did it when we did, because there were multiple tears on my retinal, more than he had originally seen. 
The following day, I had a post-op appointment and came home with instructions to stay in a 45 degree angle position day and night for the next 7 days or until my vision returns or until my next appointment in a week, which ever came first.
Home away from home for the next week. I got alot of forced down time and was able to watch a lot of my favorite Christmas shows. 
Adam slept with me in the bonus room each night. Poor guy I'm not sure who slept worse.
Lots of get well wishes from family and friends!
Days following surgery...
5


Last day of my wearing a patch and sleeping stairs was Thanksgiving day. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.