While we were gone, Adam's brother and his 8 kids came. They were staying for about week. It has been a while since ALL 39 of us have been together at one time so we had family pictures taken. We are SO glad that we did. We had no idea at the time that these would be our last family pictures with mom.

The next morning, Adam's mom fell and Adam and Dad called an ambulance. We spent the rest of the week hanging out at the hospital, visiting and getting updates. It was such a roller coaster ride, one day she was doing awesome and then the other she was not.

The next morning, Adam's mom fell and Adam and Dad called an ambulance. We spent the rest of the week hanging out at the hospital, visiting and getting updates. It was such a roller coaster ride, one day she was doing awesome and then the other she was not.
As girls camp approached I counseled with our bishop as to whether I should go or not. He said that with my new calling coming up it was a good idea if went and got to know the girls better and was able to have fun and laugh with them. I told him my biggest fear was getting a phone call and having to come off the mountain. He assured me that if I came down he was coming too. (We are lucky enough to have as our Bishop Curt Johansen who is also Adam's boss and a really good friend)
I left Thursday morning for camp. I was having a really fun time with the girls and was glad I went, but I was worried about what was going on at home because I didn't have cell phone reception. I was there for less then 12 hours when Bishop showed up with the news and to take me off the mountain. She had gotten worse. They dropped me off at the hospital around 11:00pm and I ran into ICU where Adam and his family were.
We spent the next few days at the hospital, sleeping, eating, doing puzzles and visiting. Adam never left her side.
Monday morning she was life flighted to Salt Lake City. We threw our suitcases together and drove up there as fast as we could. We were able to spend a few precious hours with her before she passed. She was surrounded by her family. Her kids, some of her grandkids, her husband, her mom, some of her brothers and sisters and neices filled the room. She was so loved.
Holy cow Robyn- I had no idea! I'm so sorry and I feel like a horrible friend. Our thoughts and prayers and love are still with you even if it was a little time ago- I'm sure you all miss her greatly.
ReplyDeletevery touching story, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete