Monday, September 12, 2011

My Childhood Home!

The Sunday night before school started my brother and his family were in town and my mom invited us all over for Sunday dinner.  (We were celebrating my dad's retirement. After 32 years he closed the doors to his Tire Store.)  After dinner my mom said she had a game for us to play. She handed out pictures for us to look at and guess what they were of.  After looking at a few of them, I had no clue...then one caught my eye and I figured it out...they were pictures of our childhood home.  We lived there my entire childhood until we moved to Green Valley when I was 15 years old.   The house is now back on the market and sitting empty. My mom and dad went through it and took pictures.  We immediately all wanted to go through it again. She called the realtor who is a family friend and he was more than happy to give the keys.  We all jumped in our cars and headed out.  I've drove by it off and on throughout the years, looking at the old neighborhood and showing my kids where I grew up, but I hadn't been inside since we moved 20 years ago.  It was so weird being back. My first impression walking in was how small it looked. Growing up the house always felt so big.  I remembered the stairs leading to the upstairs floor had like 20 stairs, but looking at them now there were only 7.  The tenants had changed quite a few things but there was still ALOT that was exactly the same as we left it  While we were there looking through it one of our old neighbors saw us and came running over. It was funny.  I have such fond memories of this house and all my old neighbors and friends, it was so much fun to go back down memory lane.
Front view, only it was white when we lived here.

Haha It still had the exact same thermostats.


and the exact same wallpaper in two of the rooms.

This is my old room.

The master bath's blue shower was still there.

Along with the medicine cabinets.

Family Picture by the Fireplace. We actually have one of these when I was about a year old.

Us five kids. Last time we had a picture of us here, our heights actually matched our ages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.