On Fast Sunday this month as I sat and listened to the testimony's I was reminded of an experience I had a few years back during the Christmas season and stood and shared my testimony.
When Gentry was in Kindergarten she came home from school with a note saying they were going to be making gingerbread houses on Friday and to please send in a bag of candy. On Thursday, Gentry stayed home not feeling well and unbeknownst to me another note came home that day asking each child to bring in a parent with them on Friday to help them make their gingerbread house.
The next morning she excitedly got up and I got her ready and took her school. As I dropped her off and watched her run in I just had this feeling that I needed to go in. I had no idea why and I was still in my pajamas, so I ran home got dressed, brushed my teeth, ran a comb through my hair and went back. As soon as walked in I knew...There sat all the kids at their tables each one with a parent sitting by their side with their gingerbread houses in front of them waiting for instructions so they could start, and then there sat Gentry all by herself. My heart broke as saw her and thought of her sitting there all alone making her gingerbread house. When I walked towards her she looked up and her little face just beamed. I sat next to her and together we built her gingerbread house. My heart was so grateful for a Father in Heaven that loved me enough and knew me enough that He knew this was important to me and knew I would have been crushed if I found out later that I was supposed to be there. I was grateful that He took time to whisper to me that I needed to be there that day. Although it was just a small thing, it was huge to me and He knew that. I'm thankful for the love that Heavenly Father has for all of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.