We have a tradition with the Losee family that as soon as one of the grand kids turn 12 we go and do baptisms for the dead as a family. Grandma and grandpa, aunts, uncles, and any cousins that have turned 12 are there. So we were able to do the same for Sadie. It's neat because my mom makes it so special for them. Her and my dad were temple workers in the baptistery so they know all the ins and outs and takes a lot of time talking and sharing stories with each grand child. It is such a amazing experience to stand in the temple and watch your husband baptize and confirm your daughter. Sadie had a lot of questions going into it and was a little nervous. I'm glad her first time was with us because she was able to relax and not worry so much. Now when she goes with the ward she'll be a pro. One funny incident we had was, I took Sadie into the dressing room to get her in her jumpsuit (which was 3 sizes too big because she is so small) and she walked out of the stall and said "mom I can't get this zipped up and turned around." She had put it on backwards. I had tears well up in my eyes because I was holding back the laugh. I did let a little giggle escape though. It was just too funny to see her walk out in this huge, frumpy jumpsuit on backwards. When I told her she had it on backwards she said "It zips up in the front?" I guess that IS kinda weird, I just never thought about it before. She is such a fun girl. In the end she loved it and can't wait to go back.
Coastal College Bedroom
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.