We had a fun but pretty low-key Spring Break this year. We just stuck around here and found stuff to do.
We went shopping for Easter swimsuits, went to lunch, went hiking a couple times, we played with friends and cousins. We went to Splash pads, played at the park and had late nights.
We went hiking with my brother and his kids in Snow Canyon.
Jaicelyn, Jantzyn and Gentry exploring.
Jaicelyn and Sadie
We did the Hidden Pinyon trail which was really fun. Along the trail they have numbered markers that mark trees, rocks, cactus, bushes etc. along the way. Using your trail guide you can stop and learn about each item marked. It was a great hike for kids. The littler ones loved trying to be the first to find each marker.
Calli being "too cool" in the crevice of a rock.
Half way there. There were 19 markers.
After Pinyon Trail we hiked this rock.
This one was cool as well. After you climbed to the top it opened up to a big plateau on top where they could just run and play.
On top.
Calli helping Sadie down...love it!
Calli standing on the edge pretending to lose her balance...little stinker.
Adam felt bad that he had to work all week and didn't get to play with us so on Saturday we decided to go hiking again. I'm ashamed to say we have never taken the girls to hike on the Dixie Rock so we went up there. The girls loved it.
On the top overlooking St. George and the Temple
The Dixie
Cute little pioneer home.
And the girls favorite part...the narrows.
After hiking we went and picked up KFC and took it to the park.
We had asked for plates and cups but discovered once we got to the park that they hadn't given them to us. So after a slight meltdown from the girls we improvised.
Calli using the top of the Chicken bucket as her plate and a ripped off piece from the biscuit box as a spoon. It worked. We laughed about how in a few years we'll look back and say remember when we were eating KFC and ....
That night Calli went to another region dance. She usually just goes because her friends want her too and this time was no different but she came home having a great time. She said it was the funnest dance so far. She even met a lot of new friends and was asked for her phone number by a group of boys from Dixie...oh, man here we go...I'm not sure I'm ready for all this. She came home and felt so guilty for giving it to them. I assured her it was okay. She better get used to it, I don't think it will be the last time she is asked for her number. She did however look gorgeous.
Sunday was St. Patrick's Day!I didn't get too creative this year mainly just threw it together. As I was putting the ribbon on the skittles I told Adam how I feel like I'm usually just pulling things off by the seat of my pants just in time and he said "But at least your pulling it off" ...so sweet! Anyway, the girls woke up to Green waffles, eggs and juice with skittles and a note that said" You are better than any treasure found at the end of a rainbow."
That night we had dinner with chili, toppings, GREEN punch, family, fun and games.
Over all it was a great Spring Break.









No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.