Sunday, August 18, 2013

First Game of the Season!

My favorite time of year...Soccer Season. I love soccer season. I get so excited on game days. I love wearing my Snow Canyon Soccer shirts, I love going to the games, I love sitting in our chairs on the top of the bleachers with Adam and lots of family and I love watching Calli play,  These are the days I live for. 
Calli had three pre-season games the weekend that school started. On Friday they played JV and Varsity against East High. (A 4A school from up north) On Saturday they had a scrimmage against Timpview. 
Doing their team cheer before the start of the game. 
("Whose house...our house...whose house...our house")

Lining up to shake hands with the players before the start of the game. 
Calli started as a JV player and played almost the entire game minus a few minutes for a drink break. She had an AMAZING game, probably one of the best I've seen. She played hard and fierce. She had a few great goal kicks, a great corner kick and was inches from scoring a goal with a header off of a corner kick. She's hoping t play both JV and Varsity this year. It's so fun to watch her play JV because it allows her a chance to step up and be a leader on the team, it allows her tons of playing time and opportunity's that she could only get on JV. But, she also wants to play on Varsity and to challenge herself and learn from the older girls as well. Well, the coaches must have liked what they saw because during the break between the JV and  Varsity games, Coach Kunde told Calli to go warm-up with Varsity. She ran by us and gave us a thumbs up, it was so funny.  She anxiously hung out on the sidelines waiting to see if they were going to put her in. As the game progressed it got very intense and physical. As Adam and I watched from the stands we thought it's okay if Calli doesn't play this game, it's getting pretty rough out there. Well... Sure enough during the second half with 25 minutes left to play they put her in and left her in.
Calli's first Varsity Game of the Season!
She said she was so nervous, but you'd never know it. She got out there and fought hard. Actually getting slammed to the ground by the opposing team and drawing the foul. She came away with several bumps, scraps and bruises but as happy as can be.  
I think it's going to be a great Season!
Gentry and Jantzyn had fun playing on the field during half-time. 

The teams traditional run after each game. 
Next up, away games next weekend at Alta and Juan Diego.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.