HELLO EVERYONE! HI HOW ARE YA! HOW YOU DOIN!? ( if you get this inside joke....you probably heard it through my grandma, if not find my grandma and ask to see a good video)
So this week has been full of everything from laughing so hard I can't stand from being stressed to learn a language of course. Something really cool that happened to me this week was I handed out my first El Libro de Mormon ( Book of Mormon)
Every Saturday we go proselyting in a park but this week they were having a huge parade there and so we proselyted around the streets and in a smaller park, my park companion was Hermana Mormon, she is awesome and great at Spanish! We walked into the park and the very first person we saw was a cute older lady playing with her granddaughter that was probably 2 or 3 on a bench. We walked by here and walked around the whole park because we were a little nervous. We go to a place where the path split. My comp asked me which way we should go. I stopped looked down both paths and said " you know, we have already been down this way and there are only 2 people down this way but I think we should go right" she said " alright let's do it" we saw the older lady again and went up to here. We introduced ourselves and through our horrible Spanish got to know here a little. We asked if we could share a message and she said yes, we told her about the Book of Mormon and then found out she was Catholic. We then began telling her how the book of Mormon and bible go hand in hand, all in Spanish. She accepted the Book of Mormon and immediately opened the cover page. Inside was a pamphlet of the plan of salvation I forgot I put in there. She stared at the picture of Christ on the front of the pamphlet and then leaned down to here young granddaughter Gabriela and showed her the picture. She then pulled out a wallet from her pocket and out of the wallet took out a picture of Christ she had, she held them side by side out to her granddaughter. The grand daughter pointed at them as if she recognized the man. Such an amazing experience and feeling. The spirit was so strong and I felt so much love for that women and her granddaughter.
(Picture of me and my "Park Companion" preparing to go to the park and teach in Spanish!)
I know that this is God's work, there is no way I could do what I am doing without him, at day 3 we went out and proselyting to people in Spanish
Day 10 and I can feel the spirit stronger than I ever have and for the most part understand Spanish.
God is giving me the strength to do all of these things, its not me, I took 3 years of Spanish and almost failed most semesters, and now I have been here not even 3 weeks and know more Spanish than I ever did in 3 years. I am a 19 year old girl talking to people I don't know about the church in a language I have known for 17 days. There is no way I could do this alone, something that one of the sisters here told me is "Hermana Peterson can do a lot of things that Call I can't." The Lord's hand is here, this is his work, and "this is the living church of Christ, because the living Christ stands at it's head"- David A. Bednar
I just want you all to know that I do have a testimony of this church and this gospel. And I know that God loves us and he is there for us all the time, he helps us more than we know, because he loves you.
I also have a testimony about how God blesses missionaries and their families.. I was talking to one of my very best friends here, Hermana Ore, and her brother has been suffering with cancer for a while and all last year I believe he was going through chemo and was fighting it. And just last week she got an email from her brother telling her that the doctors declared him cancer free. He no longer has cancer. Another cool thing that happened at that same time was we were sitting at dinner talking and one of the sisters that is in my room and I am very close with, her baby nephew that was born last Tuesday only lived an hour and she just got an email about it, she told us that she knew if she was home she would really struggle with that but that she felt so much comfort being here and knew that she had one more guardian angel on the other side of the veil looking out for her ( the little boys name was William which means protector) since I had a little cousin that had passed away shortly after his birth I was able to comfort her and me and another sister sat and talked with her about how heart breaking it is but how tender those are because we know that they were so perfect, And how they still got to do their part and receive their bodies. And how it makes us want to work harder because we know that they will be in the celestial kingdom.
And those are just some of the many miracles this week. I have never felt the spirit so strong.
Funny story of the week we had a devotional and after we all got up to walk out and I'm just talking to everyone and from behind me I feel my companion grab the back of my dress and I was like "what are you doing" and she just says " baño baño baño" which is bathroom in Spanish, we go in the bathroom and I look in the mirror and my entire dress was zipped down from the top to the bottom, I guess the zipper like broke, we were able to fix it but all of the sisters were dying it was pretty funny hahaAlso I didn't know if I told you but we play soccer all the time, and I love it, everyone knows, me as the soccer sister. But there is a teacher here who is amazingly good like crazy good and I was talking to him and he plays for a professional team In Madrid!
And today we went to the Real MADRID STADIUM!!!! It was amazing I wanted to cry so cool! There was like an event they were doing on the field that day but it was so good!
Literally a dream come true. Check that off the bucket list!
I'm would like to bear my testimony in Spanish or try to. Sorry in advance for anyone who knows Spanish, but I'll do my best.
Yo testifico que Jesucristo as el receive. Sé que el nos ama. Yo sé que esa inglesia es receive y el libro de mormon es receive, y confidently smith restaurado eso el evangelio.
Yo ama este evangelio. En el nombre de jesuscristo amen.
My favorite scripture this week was D&C 84:88
" And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."
I LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH!
You are all in my prayers! Please keep the emails coming I love them!
Love, Hermana Peterson
This tree is right outside the temple. It looks a lot like the tree that is on grandma Peterson's grave. It reminds her of grandma every time she saw it.
Calli's district and a group of MTC Missionaries heading on another P-day Adventure
Hermano's Kress, Walker, Muir, Wakefield and Gomez and Hermana's Peterson, Lindley, Pulsipher, and Willden
Calli and Elder Wakefield (KJ Harrison's cousin)
One of her favorite teachers Hermano Gomez
Matching Water bottles
Sights and sounds around Madrid, Spain
Hermana Peterson, Lindley, Warburton, Faucett, Bangerter, Orr, Curtis
Hermana's Willden, Pulsipher, Lindley, Peterson, Curtis, Bangerter, Orr, Faucett
The Metro
Dream come true!
Cal and Shay
Down on the field
Feet on the turf
Hermana's Peterson, Lindley, Orr and Faucett
Barcelona Sisters
All the sisters that will be heading to Barcelona
Hermana's Bangerter, Curtis, Peterson, Faucett, Orr, Warburton
These seats are where interviews with the players take place.
Peterson and Fausett
Seats where the players sit during games.
Real Madrid Museum
Cool Trophies!
(Google translation of testimony)


































No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.