HEY EVERY BODY!!! So just a little weekly update:
On Saturdays we go to the this huge park that is like the central park of Spain and we go and try to hand out Book of Mormons and get contacts, all in Spanish. And this week was our first one! I didn't realize how crazy it was going to be, not only to go up and talk to random people about our religion but to not know the language at all, just a couple random phrases.Me and my park companion talked to about 6 or 7 people that day and most all of them would just tell us they weren't interested. Some of them listened for a while and then said no. We did start talking to this homeless guy in the park who was blowing huge bubbles for money. And he was super super nice we talked to him for about 40 minutes but he was more preaching us. He was telling us things like we are wrong, we had been brainwashed since we were little to thinking the things we do. We were just kids who don't know anything, we are wasting our time and what we were doing wasn't helping anyone, he was saying he like met God in that park and talked to him. I tried to bear my testimony to him about El Libro de Mormons (the Book of Mormon ) and I even started getting a little chocked up because of the spirit but he immediately cut me off and started going off about something else. My companion even tried to ask him some really good questions but no matter how many times we asked, he kind of just avoided the question. He told us to go home and try to make something of our lives. And after a while me and my companion both realized this guy was not going to let us talk and he was so closed minded and the spirit wasn't there. So we gave him a couple coins and my companion got to blow some big bubbles for some kids and when we were leaving I shook his hand told him it was nice to meet him, I told him I respected his beliefs but still held firm to mine.He looked me in the eyes and said "I know, I can see that in your eyes."All in all the park was a good experience we were kind to people and one of the sisters told us it takes seven positive contacts with the church until they accept so hopefully we were a one of those to someone. It was a good experience. Also, I am starting to understand what people are saying in Spanish! The other night a lot of the missionaries had a hard time just so much stress with the language it's crazy my companion stared crying so I started crying and everyone was just stressed. So I pulled out the poem that I gave at my Farewell and Talen, Tavin and Ash and of course I was crying but they all said they loved it and they all have it now so shout out to Talen and Tavin for introducing that story to me! Life here is so great! We have been teaching our fake investigator Enrique and he has agreed to be baptized, yesterday we took hours preparing a lesson on the plan of salvation but when we got there we just answered questions and bore our testimonies is Spanish and the spirit was definitely there. I love you all so much, thank you so much for your emails and support, please email me! They honestly help me so much and make my day. Send me pictures of what you all are doing I love them! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH! We also have to try to finish the book of Mormon before we leave. Okay, funny story now, the other day we were playing volley ball and everyone in the MTC thinks I'm a spazz. I have never been so outgoing in my life, I am so close to everyone here anyways we were playing volley ball so the ball came right to me and out of instinct I kicked it and it hit elder Hamilton who was standing right next to me square in the face, every one started laughing so hard and of course I collapsed on the ground because I was laughing so hard, I was laughing for a solid 30 seconds and the elder I hit in the face had to come help me up haha. All in all I am so happy and love it here and eat way to much
I have made so many amazing friends and memories and nd have grown so much!
I LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL PRAYING FOR ALL OF YOU
HAPPY LATE FATHER'S DAY DAD AND GRANDPA'S I LOVE YOU GUYS THANKS FOR SUCH GREAT EXAMPLES TO ME
Life in the MTC is great!
MTC Fun!
Onion melon Soup!
Hermana Peterson and Hermana Lindley
Calli and Shay
Thursday, June 22, 2017 P- Day and a trip to the mall
The Metro
Beautiful Madrid
Mall shopping with the Elders
Wakefield, Muir, Walker and Kress
Hermana's Willden, Peterson, Lindley and Pulsipher
MTC District and MTC President.
Hermana's Willden, Lindley, Peterson, Pulsipher, President and Sister Packer, Hermano's Muir, Wakefield, Walker, Kress.
This picture was posted by Elder Wakefields mom on facebook. Elder Wakefield is cousins with KJ Harrison. A Snow Canyon student that played baseball and drowned her freshman year. That was also the year that the SC soccer players played for KJ and took State...small world!
An Elder from her district took this picture.
She sent me this picture and said "my sucker matched the sky"



















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.