Thursday, July 6, 2017

Summer so Far

Gentry kicked off her summer by making a big decision...she decided to drop soccer and focus on volleyball. Kami's niece Caitlyn that played sand volleyball is training them during the summer and then we'll get her and Hallee on a team. They also did a volleyball camp at the high school.  
It about killed her. Gentry LOVES to sleep in, so to start out her summer getting up early every morning and spending 6 hours a day for the week at the camp really showed her commitment.I was impressed.
She would never let me get a picture of her,  so I had to  snap this as they were coming out on the last day. They look so cute in their knee pads. 
With Calli gone and Sadie busy with cheer Gentry has become our little buddy. She's such a homebody anyway that we get to spend a lot of time with her. Adam and Bo were watching a preview to a movie they were going to go get in the red box and watch together. Had to snap a picture, it was so cute!
Gentry reading Calli's weekly email.

After Calli's farewell we missed 3 times going to church, we went camping, to Lagoon and then Ashlyn's farewell. When we got back, I was so excited to see Calli's plague hanging with the other missionaries in the ward. and....
to see her address added to the program!!
In early June a fire broke out in Brian Head.  It was the biggest fire in the US at the time. It burned down one cabin before heading toward Panquitch. With our ward going to the cabin for girls camp July 12th and then our family going the week after, we kept a close eye on the news and the progress. 


It burned more than 50,0000 acres and took  a month contain. Brain Head re opened a week before Girls Camp so we were able to make it to both. 
Hallee, Gentry and Sadie got creative to stay cool during the hottest week of the summer. Temperatures reached 115. They played Paint Twister and had a paint water balloon fight. and then...

washed off with suds on the tramp. I have been so impressed with Sadie stepping up as the big sister. She has been so cute with Gentry and has invited her to hang out with her friends and have taken her shopping and to Ivins Reservoir a few times. 
Adam and I went to the temple and sent this picture to Calli.  
While Sadie was in Catalina with friends (another post) Kami and I took Halle and Gentry and spent the day in Veyo.


Catching crawdads.
June 30th we remembered Mom P on her 8th year "D" day and went to China Palace
Adam's Fortune was appropriate!!
I finally came up with an idea to count down the 18 fast Sunday's before Calli comes home. I made Spain inspired paper flowers...
and a banner. Each Fast Sunday I will put a flower in the pot and hang one letter up each month.


I hung it in Calli's room so she'll come home to full banner and flower pot.  
Summer also means BBQ's...
cousins...
family...
and late night games nights!
Calli sent us an idea for FHE so we took full advantage.
She asked us to watch the Mormon Message "The Will of God" and then said we had to try pears and Nutella, so we did both for FHE.





It was a fun night and so far a fun summer. Stay tuned for the rest of summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.