Sunday, July 16, 2017

Miracles in the Park - Week 5

HELLO FRIENDS 
Sorry my emails have been so crazy long we don't have a lot of time to email so when something cool happens I put it in my notes and then copy and paste it to the group.  This week at the park was Miracles upon Miracles, it was actually crazy. I has with Hermana Bangerter this week who I adore, and we both kind of went into the park pretty humbled because we both had a feeling it was going to be a rough day and we decided that no matter what we would have a positive attitude. Before we left we prayed and told God that today we would give our absolute best, 100% of our efforts and talk to every single person we could, if he would make up the rest, and help us. I'll make this short but when we got there we did just that and talked to every single person we saw and immediately had success. It was amazing people were going out of their way and really wanted to talk to us! In the first 10 minutes we ran out of Books of Mormon. We handed out a Book of Mormon to 3 people, we met some really amazing and kind people, and I think we handed out at least one pass along card to everyone we saw and some pamphlets to a few. We talked to about 15 people that day. The coolest thing was, we got to have actual conversations with people. We really got to know the people in the park and would talk to them for at least 5 minutes before religion even came up and it was so cool! I felt like I was talking to a friend instead of a stranger and it really made a difference. Right before we were about to go sing we found this lady who was the kindest lady I have ever met. I don't think one thing we said made sense but she was so excited to get a Book of Mormon and talked to us forever and was so happy! I know the Lord prepared me and those people at the park for us that day. Saturday was a miracle. God truly does make up for what we don't have the ability to do. I know that God is helping me everyday I see it and feel it every single day. I know that because I know that I could never be able to do what I am doing on my own. No way, this is His work. I am so grateful I get to be apart of that. Also, Elder Mendes had to go home this week due to medical conditions but President told us that his mission is now our mission and we have to make him proud, because I know he would give anything to be here.
It has been really hard, I'm not gonna lie, really hard. The language has been a struggle for me but I do my very best! I definitely say most everything wrong and I have said some non mission appropriate things on accident while trying to say something in Spanish but the teachers and my district get a good kick out of a lot of things I say. But it's so fun! From 8am to 4pm we can only speak Spanish which is so funny trying to figure out what everyone is trying to say! Haha! But in all honesty I have learned so much and I am everyday! I know I will get it! 
"For I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." I know that this is where I am supposed to be! I love it here so much! Can't believe I have been here a month! It's gonna be a bitter sweet goodbye leaving the MTC. I love my companion and have really grown close with my district, when you are stuck in the same room of people for 6 weeks I guess you don't have a choice.  But I love my district with my whole heart! We all get along so well and I wish I could tell all of you all of the funny stories, I get headaches from laughing so hard on the daily! The Elders are awesome, my district are my best friends! Every one here is so great! I have made so so many amazing friends
Love, Hermana Peterson 
Out and About
 Selfies around Spain


She is great about sending pictures but not so great about sending what the pictures are:) So I get to do some research. 
Palacio Real de Madrid (The Royal Palace of Madrid)
This palace is considered by many to be one of the finest palaces in Europe. It is not the official residence of the King of Spain, but rather where state ceremonies, official banquets and other state functions take place. The king actually lives in Zarzuela Palace outside of Madrid. 



Spain Police that patrol around the Palace.
Plaza de Armas which is a plaza right between the Palace and the Cathedral.

Views of Madrid

 Madrid Cathedral Almudena Church
It's a Roman Catholic Church consecrated by Pope John Paul II










It was pretty amazing!
Palazzo Ice Cream
Retiro Park where they go every Saturday.
Ice Cream, Park and Selfies!



Hermana Peterson and Hermana Lindley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.