Thursday, October 12, 2017

Vilifranca- Week 11

Quote of the week- "We beat the penguin, it is a good time and we are happy". * Elder Moon explaining to George what a how a pinata works JUST A LITTLE HELLO FROM YOUR HERMANA HERE IN SPAIN!!! Wow what a amazing time to be alive the mission is beyond amazing!!! This gospel is amazing!! I love what I am doing here! And I get to do it every day!
Anyways this week started with a fun little trip to the hospital for my neck, and by little I mean it took us 12 hours to get there and get home lol. So gracias to Catalonia, I just happened to have the appointment scheduled for the same day that they went on strike. Everyone is going crazy they voted which was illegal and so now they are on strike, there was no school, no work, Nada almost all stores were closed. And every person in Spain was heading to Barcelona for the strike, and we had to go to Barcelona to get to the hospital. The trains were packed... PACKED full, you couldn't move. The streets were completely full of people, everyone of them had their face paint or flags draped around them, one lady had a Mannequin head on a stick, they were all marching the streets singing and chatting and lighting off fire works. It was terrifying honestly. The worst part was we got stuck in one of the marches. JUST two little American missionaries trying to get to McDonald's for Wi-Fi to find the way haha. We finally made it to the metro and it wasn't running because of the strike along with even the smaller trains, Bus' s and taxis. We ended up having to take the train past the hospital and then walk 50 minutes back to the hospital. The doctor checked my neck. (He only had one arm and looked like the doctor from the newer Spiderman so that was a bonus) and they decided that I needed a cat scan but most all of the doctors were on strike so I will go back in about 2 weeks for that. We finally made it home right before 10:30 at night. We gave out 2 Books of Mormons though throughout that confusion, well one I accidentally left at the hospital but someone could use it. President Dayton is a surgeon, he felt my neck and told me I should get the cat scan so vamos a ver!
ALEJANDRO IS GETTING BAPTIZED TOMORROW!!! Ahh this little 9 year old boy has come to be one of my best friends here in Spain he is adorable! And he is beyond excited to be baptized and his dad who has been non-active for over 3 years just got the priesthood and will be baptizing him. I'm beyond excited! Alejandro is precious! We officially don't have a church anymore and will be meeting in a hotel! But they let us use it just for tomorrow. They are taking the whole church apart, a lot of the walls are ripped out and everything is gone, but the room where the baptism will be held is untouched he will be the last to be baptized in our beautiful church!
George is officially gone, we got a call last night on the train saying he was in the bus station and got the call that he needed to move today if he wanted the job. We ran to the bus station and his bus was late! We got to help him put his stuff on and say bye to him before he left. He now lives at the bottom of Spain. I am in denial but secretly I'm heart broken but so happy. He turned down jobs to be baptized and has been praying for jobs ever since and now he has one! He was my fist baptism and my first friend in Spain because for quite a while he was the only one I could talk to. George has become on of my all time best friends! I honestly believe he was a bigger blessing to me than I was to him. When it was so hard and I couldn't talk or help anyone God gave me George to teach. He already has plans to come visit us in America in 2020! Saying goodbye to him was so hard. This is gonna be a long mission... and I can't wait! This is my last week with my good friend Hermana Rockhill, I love her so much the best "mom" ever! I will be leading the area the start of next week and I'm terrified send prayers haha! We had zone conference yesterday which is and always is an answer to my prayers and just what I need to hear. President and Hermana Dayton are amazing! I love this mission! One thing I loved that was shared was an elder shared with us something an investigator said to him about Our Savior:
He became poor, so we could become rich
He became week, so we could become strong
He became human, so we can become God's
I am so so grateful for this gospel every single day in my life and every day I just learn how much more I need and depend on it. I cannot imagine a life without it. It is 100% my strength. God has blessed me so much and the miracles blow me away everyday! I love that my life is completely revolved around helping others find peace and joy and trying to help them. I love that! This Gospel is true, It has to be! This gospel is PURE Joy and Peace. The Book of Mormon is true and is such a blessing to us. Take advantage of it everyday. God and Christ truly truly love us. They have given us everything. And they have everything the only thing we have to offer them is our agency. I love this gospel with my whole heart. I know this is true. Love you all so much! Thank you for everything have a good week y'all! My favorite video of ALL TIME! It explains our relationship with our Father in Heaven, I cry every TIME.https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2013-01-002-earthly-father-heavenly-father?lang=eng
Love, Hermana Peterson
Pics:

Little Alejandro and Luis trying on their baptism clothes

Plan of Salvation in Spanish


Final Goodbyes to George

Back home after a busy day!


Last Sunday in our church with the whole ward
Investigators Lali and Emma ft their gatos


English Classes



  Our day trip to the Hospital
 Walking an hour back to the hospital
 Waiting at the Train Station

Getting home late after their hospital adventures
District Meeting

Another Day of Soccer






Just us and our Whales


Graffiti Around Town

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.