Tuesday, November 14, 2017

So many Miracles!!

Hello everyone! Just another week in paradise! Mission life is so so exciting, you honestly have no idea whatsoever what will happen that day and I love that! This week  was super good! I had an intercombio with the sister training leaders which was so so fun! Literally, we are so blessed. Every single Hermana here is beyond amazing! My Spanish has gotten so much better! Spanish is so hard but I love it, just because I can talk to people and make friends with the people we teach💚 That is my favorite thing by far! This week started with 2 Jehovah Witnesses knocking on our door. My companion just looked at me terrified and I said open the door, I'll get a pamphlet! They talked to us for a little and then gave us a pamphlet, I said perfect we have something for you to! We then ran to the back of our piso and got them both pamphlets and my companion explained a little of what we believed, it was great! There have been so so many little miracles here and there. For example we got off the train and started walking and Hermana Bodden walk is literally my jog, so we were walking pretty fast, and I turn around for some reason and there was a man running after us. We stopped and he had my wallet! He said I had dropped it and he ran after us for about 2 blocks, we then talked to him and got his information and will be teaching him this week! Also a few weeks ago we decided to knock a building and ended up finding a member who was baptized but had not come to church in years and his family who are not members are all from Ghana! We got to teach him and they agreed for us to continue teaching them! We have found so many amazing new people, the Lord is blessing us so much with just miracles after miracle. My favorite miracle this week was when we were sitting on a bench waiting for our investigator when a man contacted us. His name is Xavi, he is an older man from Spain. Years ago he met with the missionaries and had a date to be baptized but his parents didn't agree with it so he was dropped as an investigator... until he found us! We taught him this week and he told us of how when he was 19 he was driving with his best friend and his girlfriend and someone hit his car, his best friend and girlfriend were both killed and he flew from the car and was in a coma and had to stay in the hospital for 8 years and he still can't walk 100%. He has never been married, because He says his girlfriend was the love of his life. He asked us why God would let things like that happen, and how it is so hard for him to forgive the man that hit them. My heart just broke for this man and I knew he needed the comfort and peace that comes from this Gospel and to finally let go of this burden he has carried all of his life. I honestly have no idea where it came from (I had been really struggling with my Spanish this last week) but my heart just ached for him and I opened my mouth and words just started coming out, I told him how what he has been through is so hard but who suffered more than anyone was Christ and because he suffered for him, Christ knows exactly how you feel and knows exactly how to help you. And then promised him the peace from this Gospel. And that he can see his friend and girlfriend again. 100% the Holy Ghost absolutely no doubt! I know that did not come from me, the spirit was so strong and now he has a date to be baptized. It's beyond amazing to see all of these little miracles every day. It seriously blows me away how somehow we just happen to end up in the exact place we need to be at the exact time we need to be there. THIS IS GOD'S WORK! It's so amazing! Another thing that I loved that happened this week might not seem like a miracles to anyone else but it was to me. One of my favorite days of the week is Saturday. We play soccer with about 15 little boys. And they are to die for, SO CUTE! And these little boys take these games a little too seriously. It's intense haha, so fun! We had too many people so we had to play 3 teams and take turns. We were playing this little group of boys and I guess they were losing or something happened and one of the older boys yelled at one of the other boys and kicked him off their team basically. My companion told me and I just saw the little boy sitting up against the wall crying. And my dad has always been so big on not letting people get bullied, and has been a huge example to me for that. So I walked up to the little boy, knelt down by him and asked if he would like to play on my spot for my team and I would sit out for him. He wiped his tears and said yes and thank you. So I sat out by his friends and started talking to them, they asked if I would play for their team and so I played on the little boys team and it was so fun! Literally made so many little best friends that day who are just so precious! Idk that just seemed like a little tender mercy from the Lord that even with my limited Spanish he lets me to little things like that to help someone else.
Uh so so many miracles I could go on forever but this email is already too long lol. But this is important! I just learned that here is Catalonia, instead of Santa Clause they have a giant log that is basically a cut down tree and it stands up with 2 front legs and has a face on the front of it. And the children sing some kind of song and then they beat the log and it poops out their Christmas presents. Ya idk either but I'm excited to see what that's about haha! I have been out for 5 months now which blows my mind!!!! I love Espana with all my heart! And the people here are so amazing!
Anyways thank you all for all you do and for your prayers! I know that this church is true and this is God's gospel with all my heart! God's hand really is in our lives every single day, we just have to look for it.


Intercombio with Hermana Merideth
She Loves Spain Sunsets

Calli and her bestie! She loves Saturday's playing soccer with the locals and playing at the park..."Watch out" (Video she sent)
They flooded their sink and it flooded their down stairs neighbors balcony.

Back for more Acupuncture!
 Food and Train rides...just a typical day in Spain


 They love their selfies!


Having a ball and converting Spain one person at a time!
 LOVE this picture of her! She looks so beautiful and happy!

 


Barcelona is now a Facebook mission: Here's her first post:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.