Monday, May 28, 2018

MIRACLES! Week 50

This week has definitely been one for the books!!! One of the craziest for sure! Well, we're just going to start off with one of the biggest miracles I have seen in my whole mission! So everyone remember Gloria and the 2 precious little girls right? The golden family who is just amazing! They had a date to be baptized and we got this huge text from Gloria this week that said  that there was too many problems and hard things happening in her life right now (being out of work, living in a small apartment with a ton of random people, and so much more) that she felt like she couldn't go through with the baptism and said she couldn't meet with us anymore. We were absolutely and completely heart broken. I can't even explain the joy you feel when people are preparing to make a sacred convent with the Lord and the pain and just sorrow you feel when they drop you just because you know what they could have had.... I truly think God let's us just feel a little bit of the love he has for his children because you just come to love people sooo  much! Anyways, after we got the text we immediately started a fast for her and just went on mission "rescue Gloria" that day all of our lessons fired and so we had no idea where Gloria lived and she wasn't answering her phone, so we decided to go walk around in the area where we knew she lived... we were desperate and would do anything. We began to walk to the park where we found her and as we were passing a smaller park it was the weirdest thing, I had a feeling we needed to look in that park, I had no idea why and we were kind of in a hurry but it was like someone was grabbing my shoulder and pulling me back to go look in that park. So I told my companion I wanted to look there and we went. We entered the park and my heart literally dropped. We saw Gloria's oldest daughter sitting on the park bench. We went up and began talking to her and she said she was waiting for her mom, we were blown away..., but her mom never came...however, we were able to ask her for the address of where her mom lived and that night we passed by the house and rang the doorbell. Gloria came down and we sat with her as she cried and told us all of the difficulties that were happening in her life and we shared a video with her and honestly I have no idea what we were saying we were just spitting out words, I have no idea what we said. But then Gloria just said "oh I get it, all this time I thought I needed to have my life tranquila (like calm) and figured out to be baptized, but I need to be baptized so that my life will be tranquila and happy." And we were just like yes!!! She got It! And we promised her that she would receive blessing for following the Savior and being baptized and she told us that she wanted to be baptized. WOWOWOWOW! That night we ran home with barefeet just screaming and laughing and crying we were so happy!!!!!  Yesterday we got a text from her telling us that someone called her, and told her that she had an apartment for her and her daughter's to live all together alone. And so she was able to get the apartment and a member helped her move! This family was just beaming they were so happy and she told us that she knew that it was a blessing from the Lord because she will be baptized and she is finally seeing the blessings! They will be baptized this Saturday!  The Lord has literally prepared them! They are so so amazing and have so much faith! We have 3 little white dresses ready! Wow I love the mission this is happiness!  Also little funny story for all of y'all, an investigator Jose Alberto, called us one day and told me he bought me shoes so we went to go meet with him and they were literally little boy sandals! I died!!!๐Ÿ˜‚So so nice of him๐Ÿ˜‚ but they are probably not the best thing for a missionary to wear so when we meet with him I bring them in my bag to change into. People are so great! I love the mission๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ There has also been a man who makes us rings and bracelets and gives them to us in the street. The mission is fun๐Ÿ˜‚❤ Honestly the mission is amazing and just so happy! I just feel so Blessed to be here serving in Spain! It's literally amazing! I love what I do! And I know it is only possible thanks to a loving Heavenly Father and our brother Jesus Christ! That because of them I get this opportunity to share this joy! Thank you for all of your help and prayers I love you all! God lives!  This is his true church!!๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™
Her cute sandals from Jose' Alberto

Missionaries have to entertain themselves a lot...jello slurping contest with the Elders!

Cute Hermana Peterson with her cute comp Hermana Barton
 Intercombio with Hermana Ligon 

Missionary Feet
Investigators coming to church
 Beautiful sights around Barcelona


 P-Day Shopping Fun! Found some "Friends" mugs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.