Thursday, June 7, 2018

On the Lord's Errand!

Well hello family! Well this week was kind of an emotional one, happy and sad emotions. This week Gloria told us again that she did not feel ready to be baptized and to make such a big commitment and asked us to to come to her house. The bishop talked to her and that day we ran to her house and left flowers, hearts, scriptures and treats on her door step. We did all we could to visit her. I don't think I've ever been so stressed in my life. The day before her baptism we found her in the streets by her house and she let us in her house. We sat down and talked her about her doubts and everything and she told us she wasn't ready to make that big commitment to go to church every single Sunday.... We sat and talked to her and bore our testimonies but she didn't want anything... We left the lesson I looked at my companion and we both just had tears streaming down our faces. Wow, literally one of the most heart breaking things I have ever been a part of, (worst than any break up) I just hugged my companion and we both cried for a while, just knowing what was happening in her life and how much the gospel would bless and change her life, just knowing this joy that she could have that was right in front of her, and she didn't want to take it. And especially for her little girls who need these friends and this gospel in such a crazy world. It was hard week for us... it is a big commitment that we make to completely change our lives and give up things to follow our Savior, but those blessing we receive are beyond bigger and better than anything we had to give up. There is this quote I love that says "The best decision I've ever made, was to give up something I kind of loved for a God who I truly love" and boy do I stand by those words. Nothing is more important, amazing or joyful than this gospel! This gospel is true joy.  But the work continues and the savior did allow us to see amazing miracles this week, we were able to meet with a women we met at Saint Jordi when we were handing out the Book of Mormons. She lived in Chile for a long time and there her family met the missionaries and took all the lessons and went to church. And for some reason she never was baptized and lost contact with the missionaries for years. Then when she moved to Spain they met the missionaries (us) in the park that day and she told us that they weren't even planing on going to the park that day it just kind of worked out that day. She shared with us how amazing it was for her to meet with the missionaries and how she loved the Book of Mormon AND HAS READ THE WHOLE THING!!!!!!! WHAT?!?!  We reviewed the restoration with her and invited her to be baptized she said yes with a huge smile on her face and told us she wants us to teach her husband so that they can be baptized together!!!!! We are so excited for them! So many amazing things are happening here in Sabadell but I'll try to keep this email short. But I did hear a quote this week from our beloved Thomas S Monson that I just loved!!! He said "The best thing we can experience in this life, is to feel a prompting, act on it, and then later come to find out that it was an answer to someone's prayer. I want the Lord to know, that if he ever needs an errand to be ran, that Tommy Monson will run that errand for him." I loved that he truly just lived his whole life serving others and answering prayers! And he just glows happiness! This gospel is so true and I know that with my whole heart! I feel so blessed to be apart of this work! I love this gospel so much! And love all of you who have helped me be here! Love you all have a great week!
💙 hermana Peterson
Jose Alberto' birthday

Her bag broke so I had to carry it like a foot ball 

Gloria's Door
  All Sister's Zone Conference



More Of Spain

Peterson and Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.