TRANSFERS AGAIN!!! Can't believe mission is going by way too fast! Well the Lord did it again, completely not what we were expecting.... Hermana Barton will be leaving to Valencia to be a sister training leader and I will be staying in Sabadell for another transfer and will be getting cute little Hermana Vance! Who is currently in Pamplona with my old companion Hermana Requena!!😂 I'm so excited she seems so cute!!!! We're going to have a lot of fun! I'm so excited to stay in Sabadell another transfer honestly I will now have had: two 6 months areas and 1 six week shafted, which both of those are not common at all! Super crazy! But being in an area for longer time is so great you really get to know every one! Well this last week with Hermana Barton was definitely one to remember! We started off the week with service in the residency with the old people. The lady who was in charge just left us with a speaker, YouTube, a microphone and about 25 old people sitting in lined up chairs staring at us.... so naturally we sang High School Musical "Start of Something New" for them😂😂 I was dying! All of these old people had no idea what we were saying and we were just singing all out! Hahaha but they all were clapping for us! Haha Only on the mission. Also this week was Sant Juan which is kind of like our 4th of July. Everyone has fire works but they just randomly throw them in the street in the middle of the day😂 I always heard growing up that we have to avoid the fiery darts of Satan but I never understood I until we were in a park bench teaching a lady about the restoration and some little boy lit a fire work and threw it at us😂😂😂😂 Literal fiery darts of Satan... We had a ton of really great lessons this week. Hermana Barton is amazing! We have found a ton of amazing people and have 2 people who have a date to be baptized!!! One is Angelina who is a girlfriend of a member and she is so good and loves the gospel and the missionaries! We are so excited for her! Also Jordanian who is Dominican and loves the Book of Mormon and is so sweet! We are so excited for both of these amazing daughters of God!!! The Lord is doing his work here is Sabadell! Crazy miracle, we met with this young mom for the first time and she started telling us about this dream she had, she said she was in a dark place and couldn't see much and she told us she saw angels and that one took her to a muddy fast river that was filled of people, and the angel explained to her these were sinners and the people who had gone away from God. It sounded to me a lot like Lehi' s dream of the Tree of Life. We explained the Book of Mormon to her and began reading the story of Lehi's dream, we explained to her that people can receive answers in different ways, one of them is through dreams and explained that there was a prophet who had a dream as well. When we got to the part about the tree she stopped us and said "wait this was in my dream to" it was actually really crazy! We invited her to read 1 Nephi 11 of when Nephi sees the dream and learns all of the significance of everything! Also I'm the worst this week I put our phone in my pocket and there just happened to be a hole in it... and well we lost out phone. We had been praying and looking for it everywhere and nothing. We then asked a man to use his phone and turns out he's an old investigator that had studied with the missionaries years ago and went to church and the bishops home and was going to be baptized but lived with his girlfriend. He now does not live with her and wants to meet with us!!!! This is God's work and he is directing it even if its through lost phones😂Also I found a scripture this week that I have never read before that I just loved in Romans 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?3 6 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. One thing I have come to learn on my mission is how really truly God loves every single one of his children so much! And I think he blesses his missionaries to feel a little bit of that love for those they teach! He truly loves us as a father and nothing, nothing we do, absolutely nothing can separate us from his love! I love that and I know it is true! I feel so blessed to be able to serve as his representative and to be a part of helping someone understand who is their Father in Heaven and who they are to him. The biggest blessing in my life! I love the mission! Everyone should do it!!! Love you all thank you for everything! Have a fabulous Week! 💙Hermana Peterson
Text I received from a missionary mom picking up her Elder in Barcelona.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.