The night before our party, Shauna called me in a huff. She had looked at the stake calendar and saw that the first ward was scheduled to decorate the same time as us. I looked at the calendar and told her they were in the heritage building and we were in the stake center. She said she had heard that the 9th ward was in the heritage building. I told her I’d call the 1st ward and make sure. I called a member of their bishopric and sure enough they were in the heritage building for breakfast and we were in the stake center for dinner. Friday night as we were setting up, the 1st ward showed up confused and said that the 9th ward was in the heritage building setting up for their breakfast the next morning. We told them they 9th ward was not on the calendar, and it should have been them and us. They went and talked to 9th ward and came back and said the 9th ward was not moving. After a lengthy conversation we concluded that we would need to share the stake center. They had breakfast and we had dinner, but they needed to set up the night before, meaning we could not set up until noon the next day. We all agreed this was what needed to happen and tore down everything we had set up. They said after their party, they would stay ad help us get all our table settings back on.
We packed everything up and moved it to the overflow. I had already set up my Bethlehem tents and they said it was okay to leave them. It all worked out and everyone was able to have their parties but what a headache.

























No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.