Monday, September 12, 2011

I finally did it!

On Tuesday, Sept. 6th I had my Preschool Open House. It was so much fun and it just got me so excited about the school year. I have 14 kids and they are all so adorable.  It's crazy to think about the journey it took to get me here.  Many times during the last few months as we would continue down this path, I would get so nervous and think "Maybe I don't want to do this."  It's hard to give up my free time and also I have social anxiety when it comes to talking to big people...little people I'm fine but big people scare me.  So I would get so nervous when I thought about having to talk to the parents.  But every time I would start feeling like backing out a calming feeling would come over me and I would remember that this was a dream of mine and that I could do it. I have gotten alot of strength from my patriarchal blessing as well. Several times it talks about the teacher I will be and the influence I will have with the young people.  At first I thought it meant primary because that's all I had ever served in, then my eyes were opened a little more when I was called to Young Women's. Now that I'm getting ready to teach for a living I realized it encompassed all of it.  I love that my Heavenly Father knows me better than I know myself and if He says I'm supposed to teach then that's all the strength I need to do it.  I'm so happy that the Open House went better then I expected because now the nerves are completely gone and I just can't wait to get the party started.
This is my cute vinyl on the back of my car. But now that preschool is in session, it's coming off!

2 comments:

  1. Why is the vinyl coming off now that school is in session? Wont you want it up for the following year? Besides that it makes it easy to identify your car in town now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on starting the year and having 14 students. If you ever need anything call me!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.