Monday, October 8, 2012

Birds!

My girls have wanted birds for a while now but I was never really sold on the idea.  That is until we met Becca, my sister's neighbor who raises birds. She handles them and hand feeds them for the first few months so that they are extremely comfortable with people and with being held. We decided to get three of them one for each of the girls. Becca called us when they hatched and told us it would be a couple months. My girls could not wait. They day finally came when they were ready to be picked up and come home. 
We found this cage at a garage sale and painted it black and then of course I rearranged my decor to make room for it. 

Our three parakeets. Two blue and one yellow. Calli's is the blue one with white on it's head, Gentry's  is the other blue one with a lot of yellow and Sadie got the all yellow one. They haven't named them yet, they want to see what their personalities are like first. 

Sadie's bird hanging out on her shoulder. The first thing the girls do when they come home from school is to grab their bird. I've even caught Adam playing with and holding the birds.  I haven't held them yet but I love listening to them sing to me each morning as I clean the kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.