Calli's poor phone had really been put through the ringer the last 6 months. It had been dropped several times, took a swim in the toilet and had a personality all of it's own. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Her home button didn't work anymore. Her text messages stopped working, and her calls would only last about 30 seconds and then it would shut off. We knew we really needed to get her a new phone but we were so close to having an upgrade that we kept pushing it off. The texts were the biggest things we worried about because that's how she communicates with the soccer team about upcoming events and we were worried we would miss something plus that's how she communicates period. (One day she was trying to get in touch with friends about going to a movie and said "Mom, I can't text anyone to see who's coming", I said "why, don't you just call them" and she said "Oh, ya") It was pretty funny!
Anyway, one day Adam and I decided to just go into Sprint and see what kind of deals they were running. If anything we would just replace her's for $50 until her birthday. (Sadie had lost her phone as well so we needed to replace both) Calli had been asking and asking about an I-phone but we felt it wasn't necessary until she was at least 16 so that wasn't really an option. Well....
Calli walked out of there with a white I-Phone.
The deal ended up just too good to pass up and was ending in July so we jumped on it. Through Adam's work he upgraded his I-phone 4 to an I-phone 5. Then we moved his phone down to me and moved my phone down to Sadie and Gentry. That took care of everyone but Calli. They were having a deal for $99.00 on the I-phone 4S and another deal where if we switched our home line to Sprint we could save $100 (plus the $25 a month we would save by switching) So we walked out of there with 5 smiles and without spending a single penny. Everyone was happy...especially Calli. She couldn't believe it. She kept saying "I'm getting an I-phone today?" "I actually get to take it home today"
Needless, to say we all spent the rest of the day playing with our new phones.
Cute picture Calli took of her and Sadie while setting up an instagram.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.