Random June Happenings!
.jpg)
We went to Swig.
Another bike ride for Adam and I
(Quick stop for a tire change)
We had a family friend pass away. Virgina Covington worked with Adam for years as a Secretary at Johansen's. This picture was taken at her retirement party. Afterwards, just for fun they switched all the heads with the bodies. I was so excited to see it displayed at her funeral. It is so funny.
We had a sleepover in the back yard. The girls all snuggled up on the tramp ...
While Adam and I set up a mattress on the grass. (Photo-bombed) haha
We didn't last the entire night though, the girls got cold, but we still had fun and made memories.
Gentry and Adam
.jpg)
We went to Swig.
Another bike ride for Adam and I
(Quick stop for a tire change)
We had a family friend pass away. Virgina Covington worked with Adam for years as a Secretary at Johansen's. This picture was taken at her retirement party. Afterwards, just for fun they switched all the heads with the bodies. I was so excited to see it displayed at her funeral. It is so funny.
We had a sleepover in the back yard. The girls all snuggled up on the tramp ...
While Adam and I set up a mattress on the grass. (Photo-bombed) haha
We didn't last the entire night though, the girls got cold, but we still had fun and made memories.
We celebrated Father's Day.
The girls got creative with Adam's gifts and decorated every one of them. We gave him Duck Dynasty season 1 and 2, Duck Dynasty pajamas, 2 shirts, hummingbird feeder and a TV for his weight room. We made him dinner, let him relax and then went and visited his dad where we played games and ate munchies. We had visited my dad the day before and gave him a "Hard Pan" collage picture and then he took us and my brother and his wife to dinner on Monday.
We've spent lots of time at the splash pad. Each Wednesday we meet several people from the ward and their kids and play and visit.
"Caught" Adam cleaning the bathroom. Yep, he even does toilets. He is amazing there isn't anything he isn't willing to help me with around the house.
Family night at the new Pirate Cove.
Birthday party for Jaicelyn.
It was a 80's theme skating party at the old Veyo skating rink. My girls went for the more punk rock, neon colored 80's look, while I went ALL 80's. I found an old PV Panthers sweatshirt from high school, rolled my pants, fluffed my socks, loaded on the blush and then "winged" my hair. It was kinda fun seeing that I still had the touch to make big hair. My girl's looked at me horrified. They couldn't believe that I used to dress like that. Adam thought it was hilarious, after all that was the way I looked when we first met. Sadly, the picture we took of the family before we left for the party got erased but here's a few from the rink.
Sadie and friendsGentry and Adam
and Calli pushing Sadie on the wiggle car.
It was so fun to be back at the rink. Adam and I used to skate there all the time when we were dating. It has been 20 years since we've been back, but it didn't stop us from trying some of our old skating moves again.
It was fun to step back in time a little bit and remember the Good ole' Days.
While running errands one day Gentry and I saw this monster truck at Mavrick and Gentry just had to get a picture of it. She thought it was so cool. She asked me:
Gentry: "Mom if that truck was only $15.00 could we buy it."
Me: "Absolutely"
Gentry: (Stunned) "Really"
Me: "Yep, if that truck was $15.00 we would buy it right now and take it home."
Gentry: "I'm going to call Calli and Sadie and tell them."
You would have thought she won the jackpot. I was the coolest mom the rest of the day, she told Adam, Calli, Sadie, Hallee and anyone else we bumped into. It was pretty cute!
The end of June we hit a heat wave. It was so Hot. It got up to 118. The girls decided to try cooking an egg on the road. It worked great.. until it got run over:)
Can't believe June is already over and we've only got 6 more weeks of summer.










I didn't even know the veyo skating rink is still open! We'll have to try that out. (Disneyland post is still in the works- it was a lot to blog!)
ReplyDelete