For the past 12 weeks I have been involved in a "Biggest Loser Competition" with some friends, neighbors, ward members and friends of friends. There were 23 of us. Each of us put $25 into the pot which was divided into 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Adam didn't do the competition but we worked out and ate better together during the duration of the competition. The first few weeks I felt I did great and was seeing results. I was in 2nd place the 1st round and I thought "Wow, I can do this." A few more weeks went by and I had plateaued and I came in 5th that round and then 8th the round after that. I slowly started losing again over the next few weeks and on the second to last round I was so surprised to see I had moved back into second place. This lit a fire under me for that last stretch and I thought "I'm going to push hard this last week and take 1st place. Well, I did and I did.
I'm "Beno"
.JPG)
I was so excited! Although it was hard at times Adam and I really did have a fun time. I had set the goal of losing 22 lbs and lost 19 so although super excited, I'm actually continuing on to lose those last few pounds. Adam has lost 48 pounds and looks and feels great. I think this has finally become the "Life Change" we have been looking for and it feels so good to be accomplishing it. A lot of people have asked us what we have done. It was simply eating better and exercise. We eat more fruits and vegetables and watch our calories. I used to be the worst eater ever. I'd put sugar on my sugar and loved ice cream in bed at midnight. So even though we still splurge here and there we have become a lot better eaters and healthier. We have also exercised in the weight room either doing treadmill or bike with light weight training 5 days a week and then on Saturdays we go biking, hiking, swimming etc. It's been a lot of fun doing it together and I think that's what's made it easier, and worth it. Not only did we continue for ourselves but for each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.