Calli got to the MTC on Tuesday June 13th. We received our first group email on her P-Day June 15th. Thursday's will be her P-day while she's in the MTC and then Monday's will be her P-day while she is on the field.
Holla! I made it to the MTC here in Madrid Spain! And so far it has been a crazy adventure!
So funny story on my very first flight from St. George to Salt Lake the turbulence was terrible and it was so windy we had to circle for an extra 40 minutes before we could land and me and my friend Mishayla who is also serving in Barcelona felt super sick and we couldn't find barf bags anywhere...long story short I ended up throwing up in my water bottle but missed it and threw up all over myself. Haha! Mishayla just started laughing so hard and gave me some of the smallest tissues to try to clean it up with. We were both just laughing so hard. When we landed we went on a little shopping spree at the airport and bought me the cutest dress we could find in the airport and it was still pretty ugly...It was $50. Haha!Then we went in the bathroom and scrubbed my dress and drowned me in some perfume samples, super gross but kinda really funny. All of the missionaries got a kick out of it when I told them. Honestly, kind of a blessing that we were able to find stuff in the airport to make it work.On the next flight I was having muscle spasms in my back that went on for hours. I couldn't sleep at all and was it a lot of pain. I asked one of the elders for a blessing and about 5 of them participated in blessing me with oil. After that the pain was still there but I was able to get some sleep and ever since I got to the MTC it hasn't bothered me one bit! Priesthood blessings are real!The MTC is amazing! I love it so much. It is very hard though and they are crazy strict and the Spanish is super tough but I'm working super hard so we will see. I just got my name tag and my companion and let me tell ya I love her so much her name is Hermana Lindley but get this her first name is Calista and mine is Callister! WHAT?! And she is so cute and so funny we get along so well. We have both already cried because we were laughing so hard! She hit me in the face with a volleyball today and it was so awesome. We have even been told we make such good companions by other girls.We got to play soccer in the "pit" yesterday and it was so fun we even played with a local. I think I scored twice but hey were not allowed to take score. haha It's so hot here crazy hot, when you barely walk outside you are dripping no matter what. Everyone here is so fun I love them all!I met a new friend Hermano Christian and he has 2 cousins here also serving in Spain they all played soccer. He is serving in Madrid the other in Barcelona and the other in Malaga so cool!
I have eaten something new every day, melon onion soup, baby food soup and a bunch of other random stuff. Madrid is so fun and I love my mission president. Mission life is super stressful but so fun and amazing! Anyways sorry for the crazy long email the next one will be shorter just got a lot to talk about love and miss you all thanks for all your support!
Love Hermana Peterson
Leaving St. George
Not feeling so good on the flight from St. George to Salt Lake
Scrubbing out the nasties out of her dress.

She was able to met up with all the other Utah missionaries heading for Spain in Salt Lake

She was able to met up with all the other Utah missionaries heading for Spain in Salt Lake
Calli and Shay forgot their neck pillows, so they bought I love Utah one's at the Salt Lake airport for the long flight over.
Flying into Spain
First Companion Hermana (Calista) Lindley
Bus Ride
Very First Tag Picture!!
Hermama's Walker, Lightnen and Peterson
Temple view from the MTC
The had the tablet upside down and didn't know where to look.
So far so good! Even with such an eventful day getting there, her attitude was amazing and she is loving it...just all part of the adventure!!
So far so good! Even with such an eventful day getting there, her attitude was amazing and she is loving it...just all part of the adventure!!












No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.