Calli flew from St. George at 11:38am to Salt Lake City 12:48 where she had a 4 hour layover. Then flew 10 hours from Salt Lake at 4:55 pm to Paris France 11:15 am (3:15 am our time) Had another 4 hour layover. Then flew from Paris 2:50 pm to Madrid 4:55 pm (8:55 am our time) It was a long and crazy 19 hour travel day for her. I tracked her plane the whole time and slept with phone just in case she had a chance to call at any of the airports.
She called from the Salt Lake airport and sounded so happy. As soon as I picked up the phone she said "I'm doing great, but I have a story to tell you"... The Plane ride from St.George to Salt Lake had been so windy that they experienced a lot of turbulence. The plane had to circle around for quite a bit before it could land. Calli and Mishayla started getting sick and looking for their barf bags...Calli couldn't find her's fast enough. She grabbed her water bottle and attempted to throw up in it the best she could but missed. She threw up all over herself. As soon as they got off they ran to the bathroom to clean up. They found a store at the airport selling dresses. She bought "a ugly blue dress" for $60. Then they found a perfume store and she doused herself with perfume. She said that everyone they ran into they had to tell the story to and they would all have a good laugh. She had such a great attitude about the whole experience. She said her first day so far had been an experience but that it was great and she was loving it. They met up with a lot of the other missionaries heading to Spain in Salt Lake.
I continued to track her plane throughout the night and
was so excited when it finally landed in Madrid. We waited anxiously for word that she had gotten to the MTC (CCM) safely. We were beyond thrilled when her first email showed up a few hours later.
FIRST EMAIL
Jun 13 at 12:30 PM
Hi Mom and Dad! Just wanted to let you know that I made it to the MTC in Madrid. Sorry I wasn't able to call you in Paris, I couldn't find a pay phone. The rest of the flight was good. I have had a crazy first day! On the 10 hour flight from Salt Lake to Paris I started getting my crazy back spasms, only these ones were weird they lasted longer than 6 hours and I couldn't sleep, but I did get an hour or 2 in before it started hurting. Mishayla rubbed it for me and I stretched and took ibuprofen but nothing worked and I was so nervous to get on the 2 hour flight to Madrid because it hurt more when I sat, so I was talking to some of the sisters about it and they gave me the idea to ask some of the elders for a blessing. So I went and asked one of them and they had oil and about 4-5 of them got together to bless my back that it would stop hurting. It still hurts every once in a while but I was able to sleep the whole 2 hour flight! Blessings! But I am good, everyone is so nice and sweet and I just got my companion...already forgot her name but we get name tags tomorrow! But it's almost time for bed here and then the classes and everything start! I am so excited and honestly loving it so far even after throwing up on myself Haha! But if you know anything that will help my back please let me know! I love and miss you both so much!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.