THE LORD DONE BLESSED US WITH A WHITE CHRISTMAS THIS WEEK!!!
Nacho was baptized this week and it was so amazing! We had to do his baptism in another area though because we don't have a church or a font, so not a lot of members could come but somehow about 12 missionaries showed up to help us it was a zone effort to get Nacho baptized! Don't know how we would have pulled it off without their help! But Nacho is now a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He just loves it. He just looks so much happier and at peace, literally this Gospel changes lives and I have seen that on my mission more than anything. It turns every trial, affliction and suffering into true joy! Nacho is absolutely amazing we love him! We also had a little miracle the other night. So back story before Hermana Peterson was a missionary in Spain a member of the 70 came to the mission and spoke and gave us the name "So Faro" which means the lighthouse and said that we are the light house mission of Europe because of our hard work and strict perfect evidence. And we are. Everyone knows Barcelona as the "strict mission" and I love it! Perfect evidence is everything! For example we are not allowed to say cool, or awesome, or guy, or p day, we have a list of words we can not say so we can have dignified language and president believes that people will more fully view us as men and women of God with this. Also we have to be in piso every night at 10:00. If we are late because we are in a lesson or something, no matter where we are we RUN home to piso! Another one is we leave every morning exactly at 9:15 and get right to work but contacting the very first person we see. And that played a role in our miracles. As soon as we got out we sat on a bench to make calls then as we were walking we passed a man not realizing and my companion said hi to him, and I turned around so fast and yelled that's our first contact and kind of chased him down just a little bit. Surprisingly he wasn't weirded out but was super interested and wanted to meet with us. So we got a lesson with him and taught him. I have heard so many times that God has prepared people for us but I always seem to feel like I have to fight a little to get a lesson or someone number. But I truly believe this man is prepared. His name is Robert from Peru and he is amazing! We taught him lesson 0 and everything just made sense to him and he loved it, he said he would come to church this Sunday with us and has a date to be baptized on the 6th of January. He is a miracle. This is God's work, and he is preparing people to hear the Gospel. Obedience does make a difference, obedience is literal instructions to blessings. We have been so blessed here in Vilafranca we are teaching 2 Peruvian family, and 2 of their friends. And they are all so amazing we do family home evening with them every Monday and just invited them to take the lessons and they said yes! It's so crazy Spain is literally the "world." Everyone all over the world lives here. So far I have had the opportunity to help baptize an African, Venezuelan, Ecuadorian, and a Spaniard and hopefully if everything goes well someone from Peru! This work is absolutely amazing and I love it with my whole heart! This is God's work and God is a God of miracles. The church is growing, people are finding the truth. God's work is coming to pass! And I am so grateful to be a part of that work. I know with everything that this church is true, this Gospel is true. That Christ is our Savior and there is absolutely nothing that he can not heal. I wouldn't be where I am, doing what I am without him. Honestly I am just a tool. But that is what I want to be because this is his work and I can not do it alone. I have come to know my Savior so much more these last six months. That he is our savior and redeemer, he loves us more than we can imagine, he gave his life for us. With everything going on this Christmas season with lights, gifts, shopping, making food, we have the opportunity to remember our dear Savior who was born in a humble stable. And that he truly is the first and best Gift the world has received. This is such a blessing we have to take time to think and grow closer to our Savior this Christmas. I LOVE you all and so grateful for this gospel in my life, especially this Christmas season, for my family and my parents who raised and taught me the gospel, and shared their testimonies with me, and helped me be where I am today. I LOVE you all Merry Christmas and FELIZ NAVIDAD!
Jose' Angel teaching Cal self defense

Nacho's Baptism in the mission newsletter


One of the families from Peru they are teaching
Zone Conference
Invitations to more dinners...and dogs!
They helped José Angel put up his Christmas tree in his clinic
NACHOS BAPTISM!

Nacho's Baptism in the mission newsletter
One of the families from Peru they are teaching
Zone Conference
Invitations to more dinners...and dogs!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.