This week was literally just a roller coaster of emotions, we have been dying of heat here oh my goodness I have just gotten used to being wet all the time, it's so humid and hot. It's like your walking in a sauna always. 😅 Well this week I had been feeling very very down and just had a couple of moments where I just felt so depressed (which is nothing I've ever dealt with before) so I called President Galli, it turns out that one of the side affects of the pills that the hospital gave me is depression😂 So that was fun and I have been struggling with that quite a bit this week just talking to doctors and nurses and talking a lot to President and Hermana Galli trying to figure that all out but I'm getting answers and it's getting better, but also big news..... WILSON IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!!!!! Wow such an amazing, amazing miracle. On Saturday we had a huge ward activity and people came from other wards and we were all playing sports and me and my companion and Elvis (a recent convert from Barcelona) We started talking about the gospel and Wilson started asking questions like if we believe in heaven and hell so I just said well we can teach you the plan of salvation right now, and we went to a little patch of grass away from everyone with Elvis and Elder De Leon who helped us and it was one of the most powerful lessons I have ever experienced on my mission. Elvis is just sooooo good wow! I don't know how he does it but his experience has helped many people be baptized he just testified a lot about his baptism and how the gospel has changed his life completely and helped his so much. That was just a lesson where the spirit was teaching, you can literally feel it. You're not even thinking about what to say next but the exact words just come into your head and it was so powerful. And that was a big turning point for Wilson, he had his clicking moment that day as if you literally just saw it in his face that it all just clicked and made sense to him. At the end of the lesson he just had the biggest smile on his face and hugged Elvis and the elders! For the rest of the day he was just asking all of the members about their own baptisms and was having people mark their favorite scripture and write in his book of Mormon💓Then on Sunday he came to church and after we had a little lesson with him in the room with the baptismal font and we asked him how he was feeling about his baptism...and he told us he wants to be baptized this weekend!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh we are so so excited for him he is such a great kid and just such a prepared soul!!!! He was our miracle here in Sabadell! Also we had 2 other investigators that came to church on Sunday, who are both older single men and they both cried in church on Sunday. Joe is a man we are teaching who is just progressing so well to be baptized on the 11th and he has had a harder life and is just starting to feel the joy and peace that comes from the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Also a member family brought a friend to church on Sunday, he is from Brazil and is still learning Spanish but his wife is a member but him and his kids are not. So he is living here alone and his family will come to Spain later this year. However he was telling us that he loves the church and that he loves being there and he felt so good at church he then began to cry and this big Brazilian man just grabbed us and hugged us as he cried. He told us he wants his family in church with him and his dream is for his son to serve a mission and he wants us to start teaching him now and then teach his kids when they get there! So their whole family can join the church! So many miracles here in Sabadell!!! This will also be my last week here in Sabadell after 6 months, it's gonna be hard to say goodbye to everyone but hey new adventures await! Alma 26:27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success. I know that this is God's true church with all of my heart and that this is his work. Honestly it is amazing the difference in the way I think about the Gospel now, there was so much I did not understand before my mission, and I am still learning so much everyday. I feel like the more I learn the more I understand that I don't know anything the Gospel is so much more than I thought it was the gospel is literally everything!!!!! The whole reason we even exist! The gospel is amazing!!! Love you all have an amazing week!!!!

Missionary Work always starts with a good breakfast and Mate!

Joe! They taught him how to pray in english!
Missionary Work always starts with a good breakfast and Mate!

Joe! They taught him how to pray in english!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.