Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Alaskan Cruise Day 2 - Sea Day

Saturday, September 10, 2022 - Day 2
SEA DAY
We all woke up bright and early and hit the gym. My girls are gym rats and they and Adam didn't miss one day. I was happy to opt to sleep in several of the days.

Watching the sun rise while working out made it all worth it. 
The moon was actually still out too!
Here comes the sun!

Back to the room and enjoying the deck while everyone gets ready for the day!

Adam and Sadie having a serious conversation. 

This was my FAVORITE thing to do. We had brought hot chocolate and hot apple cider packets and cups with us. I made a spiced apple cider most mornings or nights and sat outside drinking it and watching the waves. That first day the waters were so rough. The ship would hit these big waves and then we would see huge splash pass our balcony...on the 7th deck. It was pretty cool. Grandpa felt it the worst and had another day of mostly rest. 
Balcony Selfie
Relaxing before breakfast!
Met everyone at the Solarium Bistro for our first breakfast. It was buffet style and so yummy. 

Taking advantage of the quiet morning and lounging in the big sought after chairs. 
Don't tell Adam I told you, but he secretly loves having a son in law!


Just relaxing!


Morning Nap!

Back to our favorite little hidden deck...
and watching the water. 

We saw 3 sun fish and a pod of dolphins. 
Back to the aft and wandering the ship. 


And then to the Sea Plex for roller skating!
It had been a while since Adam and I had skates on our feet. We had a couple close calls but stayed on our feet the whole time. 

It was so much fun!

The Skating Crew!
The Sea Plex was so much fun! They always had something going on. Activities, games or competitions. So even when we didn't want to get involved we could just watch.

After skating we went to do the flow rider but it was too windy so they had closed...so we decided since we were alread in our swimming suits we might as well go sit in the hot tubs in the Solarium.
Nothing like sitting in a hot tub with a pina colada watching the waves outside go by.
Cooling off in one of the pools. 
Back down to the Royal Esplanade for lunch!
We went to Sorrentos for pizza. Man this stuff was addicting. I think I had a slice everyday after this. We'd just grab a slice as we walked by or for a midnight snack. 
Watched a live art auction for a minute...
and then the robot bartenders again!

That night was our first formal night for main dining. I was out voted in getting a nice photo taking but I talked them into letting grandma snap one of all us dressed up. This is at the Two70.
Love the multicolored seating...and this girl!
This stage is pretty cool. It had so many moving parts. The floors move and the windows become screen for big images to be projected on. 
Found the Library!
Royal Esplanade...again! This is the central congregating area. But I'm always so shocked that on a ship with 4000 guests and 2500 staff members that it doesn't feel more crowded. We never had a problem finding a seat.

I love picture. This is in front of one of the specialty restaurants.  
Schooners Bar.
Greeted back in our room with this darling rabbit and letters and tickets for our excursions the next day!
Another sunset!
We couldn't believe that we actually got the BYU game. We tucked ourselves in and watched the game out on the open seas. Excellent game. They won in a nail biting overtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.